• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Fn2 Dyno results

Is there a consistency with Dyno results on the Fn2's and different tuners/Dynos

Went for a remap/Tune yesterday but due to flashpro issues it never happened. The car in the first run pulled 203bhp. With a 2.5" exhaust and intake Mods I expected a little better.

The Tuner told me that it's a good healthy result and some Dyno results are slightly exaggerated. Booking back in for a few weeks time hopefully to get it sorted.

I no BHP is pub talk and it's about how it drives and performs. But it's just seems around 10-15bhp lower than some are seeing from me likes of TDI and so on.

I don't have a print out of the first run as I will get it all on the Full tune Day next time.

EFI Parts is where I went and Chris There was brillaint. Tried everything to resolve the issue. And before the issue explained everything he had planned for the day.

Every dyno reads different to some degree or another. They're a tuning tool and can't really be compared to each other.

The car in the first run pulled 203bhp. With a 2.5" exhaust and intake Mods I expected a little better.

Without a remap the car generally won't make any extra power, that's why you have it mapped so that the engine can make use of the extra air and fuel it's getting. Just thought I'd shed some light on that part of modifying. So many people assume that bolting bits on automatically gives extra bhp when most of the time this simply isn't true.

Same as when people buy a K24 Accord and assume it's got the same implementation of the VTEC system as the K20 in EP and FN....but that's another matter people confuse.

Back