• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fn2 Exhaust manifold - CPL

Have just picked one up Second Hand for £230 , seemed a good price and a good modification.

Before fitting Should I heat wrap it or are they fine left as they are.
Also are any engine mount upgrades require. The lad who had it had no issues without them but have read else where there required.

Back in for a remap at EFI Runcorn or the 16th so hopefully have it all done for then.

Will order a new manifold gasket and possibly the triangle one but that should be ok as it's only 6 months old after having the custom exhaust.

The FN2 has an inbuilt horizontal mount on the O/S of the engine bay, almost like the old torque damper so you don't need uprated mounts for headers.

Heat wrap can work well, but you also run the risk of heat spots if it's not wrapped properly which can consequently cause the manifold to fail.

Best getting a new exhaust gasket and the fire ring. The ring crushes and is usually one use.

Only a few quid and stops fumes getting in the cabin, mine stunk.

My old Teg cracked and seen a couple of others like Toda crack all at the Y-joint.

Yeah I was considering wrapping it but never done it so think I'll leave it.

Will the CPL need the fire ring musegroove as I thought it went straight from the head to the centre section. Haven't looked at what's required to be honest but guessing :)

Only two gaskets , centre section to bottom of manifold and manifold to head. Rest is all slotted

Have a look at the flange that attaches to the exhaust, does it have a circle ring like the image below?
If so a crush ring gasket is needed, they're usually one use and I hadn't realised it had one before fitting until it was blowing like mad :)

$_57.JPG

all good on the Cpl Manifold , just a flat face, thanks mate. Being fitted thursday and tuned on sunday. so a few steady days in the car

All fitted today with new gaskets :) Fitted spot on without any issues.

Ready for sundays Tune. Should see a little gain in torque

Back