• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Factory Head unit - Disc Read Error!

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has had this happen with the oem unit in the FN2? 2008 so it's a few years old and really don't want to have to pay out on a new stereo and the rest just to listen to my cd's again :(

Was working fine apart from jumping a lot when used for a while. No matter what i do it just says "Disc Read Error" :eek: I always use mp3 discs i've made and not got any originals but can't see that making any difference. Got it setup with my Vibe cbr12 sub and it's really not bad compared to my old setup but having to listen to the radio all the time is killing me!

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Gonna go try a Normal disc now... I wouldn't say £175 just to be able to put a stereo in is that cheap? Starting to wish i stuck with my old ep3...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you'll have to bite the bullet. Unless you can get another OEM from eBay cheap.

I may sell my oem FN2 stereo - let me sleep on it. I have a double din in now.
Cool, Let me know how much mate. Was thinking of trying to repair this but prob not easy. Wouldn't mind buying a double din just not keen on paying £175 for the bracket thing too!:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just went for a drive and the CD player started playing music! Maybe the lense cleaner actually worked...Thank f*ck! :eek: Thanks for the help anyways :D

Back