• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fn2 failed MOT-advice needed

Tu sum it up I have failed MOT today. My mixture is too rich and I am producing to much CO. I have noticed I have increased petrol consumption. Is my lambda probe done or something else? Any advice would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Yep sounds like one of your O2 sensors is sending hooky readings to the ECU.

Guess work though, a mechanic with diagnosis equipment and the car in front of them would be best placed to tell you for sure!

Nothing was found in three different Honda services??? I have done my valve adjustment. Lambda and all the sensors are fine and running no error codes or nothing. I went for a repeated MOT and failed again, then i dissconected the lambda probe on the intake and connected it again VOILA the results of the CO2 emissions are back to normal. I literally dont know wtf is happening here but I will be calm until next year :smt033. Only thing I have done to the car is a reflash. I know literally 20-30 people that have gone with the same engine map and they have no problems at all. So what do you guys think whats messin me up?

Do you mean the MAF sensor on the intake pipe? Maybe you knocked it previously and it wasn't connected properly. That detects the air flow down the intake to the TB.

I have disconnected this one
https://postimg.org/image/d6nywhikx/ think this is the Lambda
and this one also
https://postimg.org/image/7jrlz0g29/ and this one is MAF , ??? I think.

After I disconnected the MAF CO2 emmisions were the same, I put that one back, and dissconnected the Lambda. The car was running and after the Lamda was dissconected it turned off. I connected it back and the check engine light was ON. We ran the emissions test again and I was in the limits of the CO2 emissions.
The emissions are 0.2 max at the MOT I was having 1.3 to 1.8. After I dissconected the sensor and put the back on I was below 0.2. Kinky asf :smt102. The check engine light was on when I was driving home. This morning I was going to erase it but the check engine light was gone.

Both the MAF and the Lamda are fine as I was told in the official Honda dealer.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one on the intake pipe is the MAF. The one on the inlet manifold is the MAP sensor. Both help the ECU calculate how much fuel to put in.

Hmm I went to check what was going on once again. It seems that if I am on idle the results dont pass CO2 emmisions test as soon as i put on the throttle and keep it around 2000-3500 revs for a short amount of time and I go back to idle CO2 emmisions become perfectly fine. Everything works after that I can rev it keep it on idle the results are fine and dandy.

I dont drive this car like a granny and there should be no clogging issues so still a little confused but at least I know what to do next time on MOT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back