• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Fn2 fog lights smashed-warranty issue?

Just wondered if anyone can shed any light on fog lights on the type r. On Monday I had my grill and bottom skirt changed for a new one by my Honda dealer, I have just noticed today (Saturday) that my fogs are both smashed, wondered if it was vandals or just bad luck but after looking on another forum it looks like their is an issue with the fitting of the front bumper, see below. I am going to go back to the dealer to see if they have fitted the bumper too tight or done something to the car, if I can have some more info it would be really helpful. Copy from other forum below:

" Hi All I am on my third front foglight. I think I know what the cause is and I am going to be campaigning for a recall to fit plastic fog lamps.

I had one smash this week I think that it is the force of going over a road bump whilst driving or speed hump that is causing the lights to shatter. I am gonna write to Honda and complain if they don't replace lamp number 4 for free. I am gonna start up a campain to get a recall. This is definately a design fault that seems to be poor tollerance to impact."

Appreciate any help at all.

I've not had any issues but that doesn't mean to say there isn't one.

I'm assuming the lenses were re-used from your old skirts and so as suggested it wouldn't be a manufacturing fault and just the fact that they were over-tightened? Are they smashed or cracked/splintered? I mean do they look like they could have fractured and then fallen appart or like someone's taken a steel toe cap to them?

Just give the dealer a chance and see what they say. My dealer didn't tighten my gearbox sump plug up properly so it subsequently fell out whilst on the move.

Luckily I only drove about a mile and noticed the oil under the car when I got back to it... They replaced it, and topped my oil and said to go back if it develops any strange noises, but how long does that offer stand for?!

its difficult tot rell but their isn't any damage on the surround at all which is some good news. Just going to send some photos over to the dealer as well, will let you know the feedback.

Hi, buy some of my fog light covers on a certain auction site which will eradicate the theory of stones causing the smashed glass then if they still smash then i agree with you that stress could be causing it. one of mine just appeared smashed the other week so i made some covers as i'm not forking out £120 a light each time, there are loads of owners complaining about fog lights but dealers/honda are saying stones etc is the cause and not a design fault.

I had one of mine smash, I didnt know if it was a stone or due to the bumper but I was lucky and picked up a second hand set for a bargain price.

I think the issue is with how tight certain parts of the foglight are on the surround that if it takes a big hit then the force goes straight into the glass and cracks them

I've found one of mine smashed again today when cleaning the car.

I had one break on the my old FN2.

I just dug out the old invoice. It was £77 for the lamp and £40 fitting :(

Fog light protectors for 06-present. i have all the info and photos on ebay, just type in item number 290482045147 in the search box, thanks. if you need anymore info pm me.

Back