• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Front Discs & Pads

C

Chris1987

Some advice would be greatly appreciated on this matter.

So my local Honda dealer wanted to charge me £180 for front pads and discs, which is rather expensive when I know you can get better for a similar price.

Firstly I've heard that the type r ep3 front brembo discs fit the fn2, is this correct ? if so can anyone recommend these.

Secondly which pads do I go for, as there are so many different choices. I have seen brembo again are these any good ? Or do I go for something like ferodo or even cosworth ?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Hey mate I've gone for ferodo ds2500 pads a lot of people seem to have them and rate them then I'm going to get some grooved discs from the brake depot. Pads aren't fitted yet waiting to get the discs then will be done in one go. Pretty sure ep3 discs are the same as fn2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 100% sure pads are the same, and around 90% sure the discs are. I'm sure I've seen people putting EP3 discs on FN2s.

With regards to discs, Brembo blanks will be fine.

DS2500s are a good bet if you want to help increase the braking performance. I found the braking on OEM pads was a bit scary at times, especially if braking hard a motorway speeds. I didn't get on with Cosworth pads although they did have less dust than DS2500s, but I found they squealed really badly. :lol:

Depends what your after really. If your into spirited driving then I'd say go with the DS2500's as they are a track inspired pad and will have less fade then OEM - safer under heavy/continuous braking. If your driving is the every day sort with a bit of fun on the odd occasion then I'd say OEM are fine.

In any case, I'd use OEM discs. I've just fitted Honda discs and pads on my EP3 and they cost around £150 - they're bang on for me but I don't track. £50 more though and your covered for all eventualities with the DS2500's. For me if it's not Honda, it's got to be an upgrade.

I know the FN2 calliper fits the EP3. And I'm pretty sure the EP3 discs are 300mm if that's any help

Thanks for the comments everyone, I think I will to go with the Brembo discs and DS2500 Pads.
Although I have no intentions to track my FN2, I do like to be able to stop and I do find the OEM discs and pads tend to struggle at he best of times.

Back