• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 fn2 general and tuning questions

Not that I'm aware of.

It's a replacement for the OEM airbox on its own, it's not that hard.

If you are fitting the tract as well, it's a bumper off and unclip the undertray job to get the resonator box out and the tract in place. The tract has brackets and it is obvious where it bolts to.

Loxy what catback exhaust would you recommend?needs to be no lourder than oem for normal driving,and loud when on vtec.but no louder than spoon.
I would like it to sound like the mugen civic,but mugen parts are to expensive for me.
Does anyone make a mugen replica bodykit?
Is it possible to get the weight down by 100kgs and keep it family friendly?
With flashpro can WOT vtec be turned off?
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Loxy what catback exhaust would you recommend?needs to be no lourder than oem for normal driving,and loud when on vtec.but no louder than spoon.
I would like it to sound like the mugen civic,but mugen parts are to expensive for me.

HKS sounds right up your street. Either that or a custom made exhaust.

Does anyone make a mugen replica bodykit?

Yes, Aerokit do the front splitter and have the bumper and wing in development.

Is it possible to get the weight down by 100kgs and keep it family friendly?

No, you're going to have to start stripping seats, interior inc dash, A/C, electric windows etc.

With flashpro can WOT vtec be turned off?
Thanks

Why would you want to turn off VTEC at wide open throttle? :confused:

Sorry i ment vtec coming in at 5400 rpm with WOT and not 3800 rpm ish
Also will my imbolizer will stop working with flashpro?
That aerokit looks great,a must i think.

A custom map is set wherever the high cam starts making more power than low cam, on my car is it 4,500 rpm on WOT. There is a window where it won't crossover on part throttle like when you are cruising but is set to always come in at 5,400 regardless but you can change the upper window.

Flashpro doesn't affect the immobiliser, it will continue to work as normal.

I think piper do exhaust for fn2's on the ep3's piper were the exhausts to go for if you wanted it quiet so maybe it's the same for the fn2's but I haven't heard one.

The aerokit has 2 air ducts can one of them be used to feed cold air to a mugen intake.so i can still keep the fog lights?I cant seem to make my mind up.if i buy an fn2 now, my budget will mean it will be 2007 plate so could have the gearbox,rust issue's.or i wait 6 months until may.hopefully then a cw fn2 will be around £8k then buy one.

8k will get you a 58 or 09 plate now dunno about a cw with want you want mod wise i think the 8k to buy the car is only the start

Exactly.

I've spent £27k on mine. £13k of that was buying it nearly three years ago...

Yes £8k to buy the car.then i can spend money on mods,but £8k isnt enough to buy a cw now,but might be in 6 months.

Whats the difference between fn2 gt and non gt,as a non gt has come up forsale near me,seem fairly cheap

No AC, no fogs, no auto wipers, no auto lights, no power folding mirrors, no cruise control, no dual curtain airbags on the non-GT version.

The intake will make a big difference on a remapped car, but the map has to suit the mods so it's better to do intake before having it mapped or you'll be paying to get it done again.

The Mugen intake is one of the best out there for the FN2 as long as it has a cold air feed like the Mugen intake tract or the Driven Crazy scoop.

The Mugen intake isn't that loud though. It's louder than OEM, but still pretty subtle.

Tegiwa's intake is remarkably similar to the Mugen. Just saying...

The GruppeM is a good intake but does get to its limit when you start doing things like cams, when it can start to be a restriction in the system.

If you can find one second hand they are worth the money, though still more expensive than the Tegiwa intake. New they are on a par in price with the Mugen.

Which is better Loxy? Driven scoop or tegiwa intake tract? I guess with the tegiwa tract, you also need fog intake and there lose fogs? So driven scoop is the way to go??

The driven crazy scoop gets feed behind bumper right? Do people install fog intake too to get more air feed or is that ott!

More chance of hydro lock with driven crazy due to larger catchment area?

You can fit the fog light scoop without the tract but there isn't much point as the Driven Crazy gets enough air anyway.

What intake are you using? Still the HKS? You aren't going to be able to push enough water up the scoop to cause hydrolock. The top of the scoop is just under the impact beam, most of the front of the car would have to be under water and you'd have to be travelling at some speed too. The HKS wouldn't hydrolock either as the water would run over the back of the gearbox. In all the time I've run the Driven Crazy I've never even got the filter wet from standing water.

Edit: seen other post re: Tegiwa. It won't hydrolock. Water would have to come up the Driven Crazy, fill the airbox and then get through the panel filter. It isn't going to happen unless you've submerged the front of the car, in which case it would a write off from water damage anyway.

Back