• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fn2 grinds into reverse after clutch change

Just had the fn2s clutch done and now the car won’t go into reverse unless you put it in 1st then reverse
Also the gears 1-2-3 can be a bit stiff not like it was before more Easter and smoother
It feels like the clutch is dragging slightly in 1st
Fn2 type r

2008/9

Doesn't sound right. Sounds like it isn't disengaging properly and the box is still spinning.

Take it back to who did the clutch. It might just need the point pedal adjusting.

It was bled twice and still the same :( loxy I’m taking it back next weekend the guy isn’t getting any money of mine until the car is spot on and the same as it when In with no crunching and smooth changes
Funny you say the point pedal adjustment i think on the fn2s you can adjust the bit point with something behind the pedal
The car does over rev a bit sometimes when changing gear has done for a while

It's where the pedal goes into the master cylinder, there is some adjustment on the rod. If it is too much the wrong way, the clutch will never disengage.

Read back a few times but didn't see that you'd mentioned a noise.

No idea what that noise is. Must be a bearing on one of the shafts. Clutch release bearing isn't normally as much of a grumble as that, at least when I've heard it. Does it go when you push the clutch in?

It goes most of the time when clutch is pressed down im sure it gets louder (on slowing down ) the hogher the gear you go it’s like no noise I’ve ever herd before it’s not a whine and not a grind it’s liek a grumbling flappy noise

Back