• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fn2 gt optional extras

Hi everyone,

i have been thinking about purchasing a sat nav system for my fn2 gt. I know some models had the optional extras of MP3/USB plug and the sat nav but am curious if for instance the Ariel for the sat nav would be capable of running the sat nav or/what would be required to make it work, would also be handy to get the MP3/USB up and running too so same question applies.

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
If you didn't have sat nav fitted as a factory option it's a massive task to retro fit it.

You need the headunit, larger top screen, different top dash panel, wiring loom, GPS antenna, DVD drive for the glove box, hands free switches for the steering wheel and microphone up to the roof for the hands free.

Really not worth the hassle. You would be better getting a decent double din headunit with it all built in and a fascia and Impulse Car Audio connection loom.

USB lead just plugs into the back of the normal or nav headunit. You also need the adaptor to convert the lead to a USB connection. If you are sticking a double din with nav in, it will likely have a USB connection too.

Thanks loxy, looks like I will leave the the sat nav then lol. Regarding the MP3, on my headunit (standard) the MP3/WMA button seems to be a blank and can't push it in. Am I still going to be able to use the USB if I can't use the button.

thanks

It's just the placement of the badge/logo that makes it look like a button, but it's not a button. It's just telling you you can put a CD in the slot filled with MP3s and it will play them.

Ok thanks. If I was to plug the usb wire in would the headunit detect that I have it, as it does not have a input/channel for it. All I have is cd and radio when I click through the source.

thanks

Yep. CD button actually says CD/AUX and 2nd press goes to USB when the lead is connected.

I would imagine genuine Honda ones are hard to get hold of to be honest. You might be better looking for a Connects2 or DICE adaptor.

Back