• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 FN2 Headlights / Left orange bulb

Hi all,

Have followed this forum for years and think it's fantastic. I've had a 2010 Milano Red FN2 CTR from new and love it.

Had a low speed front accident a few weeks ago that has now been repaired. But two things I've noticed - the left headlamp has orange indicator bulbs yet the right has a clear bulb (silvery looking). Both headlamps were replaced & it's a top quality shop here in Brisbane, but this doesn't seem right? I don't have another car to check it with. See pics (the bulb is orange in left lamp that makes the reflective material behind it appear orange).

3b863193f3cd809f20f8de22e06c1a52.jpg

d6e478a69d7af72b7470520b9ef7b255.jpg

Also, in the impact the bonnet latch has been bent just at the front. They didn't fix that as I'm guessing they didn't realize it was damaged. Can someone confirm that only the front bit at the black plastic needs to be turned up slightly? I'm wondering if I should insist it's replaced even though it could be fixed with pliers pretty easily. I've only been able to look at pics online but none show it too closely.

0748ae330230e5bbb212c876baa53c48.jpg

Thanks heaps,
Andrew

OEM bulbs are orange. I'm guessing at some point the bulbs have been replaced with with a silver covered amber bulb and in the repair they have replaced it with an OEM item.

Yes the black bit should be horizontal, not touching the slam panel. It's up to you, either bend it up a bit or get a new one.

Hi Loxy, can remember messaging you a few years back! Thx for the reply.

Re the repair, the estimate I got a copy of had quoted that both headlamps be replaced (as in the whole headlamp assembly piece). So this would make it seem like the left might have been kept as is & only the right one changed? Would there by a number on it somewhere where I could check that?

I know maybe being a perfectionist but say with hazards on the oranges aren't even now. Wonder if they'll just change the orange bulb to the silver one to rectify?

Re the bonnet piece will push for them to replace it but given its 90% fine more likely the bending will be what happens.

Hiya, it is very possible that they replaced the headlight unit but only replaced a couple of bulbs if the bulbs survived the front end.

If you want to be sure, there will be a stamp with manufacturing date on the headlamps. It's not a scientific method by any means as it could have been sat on a shelf for a few years. You should be able to tell by how clean the headlamp is, as a new lamp will have considerably less grime on it than a 5-8 year old one.

About the bulbs, you're probably talking £10 for a pair. Just ask them do stick a new pair in or at least a silver one to match.

Thanks mate.

Du mean didn't replace hl unit & only couple of bulbs re ur first paragraph?

I def noticed both feel very clean & new if I run my hand on the plastic of the headlight, exactly what you say re basically grime free. So wonder why one has orange bulbs and one the silver type?

Also to do the exercise I looked at the headlights closer to the front fender panels and saw these letters on right:

00HC 00HR 00DC 02A(down arrow)011a(down arrow)PL E1 in circle 20 (in vert column 1987 1989)

and left headlamp:

(In vertical column 1987, 1988, 1990) E1 in circle 20 00HC 00HR 00DC 02AT 011a down arrow PL.

So the lights are from 1987-90 lol. No seriously is that string a date code somehow? Maybe it's on the back not easily accessible.

My old Integra had a grid with dots punched to indicate the date of manufacture of the part.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say they they would have replaced both headlamps but one of the indicator bulbs didn't get damaged so they just replaced the one bulb. The standard bulbs are orange in colour and the previous owner would have changed them to get rid of the fried egg look. A garage would just replace the parts back to OEM.

Hi stu thx for reply. I've owned the car from brand new so the bulbs weren't changed.

Not sure if you or others would know but these are the part no's of the headlamps per the estimate I got a copy of:

Left 33151SMGE01
Right 33101SMGE01

They definitely feel replaced as the plastic is grime free and feels new as Loxy suggested to check. So wonder what has happened?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back