• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Heat Shield - Need Some Help!

Hi All

Bought myself an FN2 in Feb and I have to say I'm loving it so far!

Last week however the heat shield came off on the motorway, turns out 3 of the 5 bolts were missing and the wind got underneath and that was that.
I bought the car from Lookers Honda in Derby with a years warranty but they think I have hit something which I know I haven't, and they want me to pay £308 to replace it.

So my question is; Do I actually need the heatshield can I live without it? And should the dealer be replacing this or is it std wear and tear?

Pic:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not a heatshield. It's an access panel that you can get to the sump plug and oil filter from to do an oil change without taking the whole undertray off.

If you don't put it back, nothing majorly bad will happen, but the airflow under the car will be a bit funny.

You know when you are following a car on the motorway and you can see the undertray flapping about in the turbulence under the car? Well yours might do that.

That doesn't actually look in that much of a state. Some decent zip ties and that might go back on. My car went round the Ring and Spa with some 140+ runs on the Autobahn in between with that panel zip tied on. ;)

OK thanks for the quick reply "heat shield" is just what I was told by the dealer :|
I shall give the old zip ties a try and see how it goes.

Thanks again!

if it were me,forget the dealers high prices,find a type r breaking on ebay,or try local car breakers,save yourself a load of cash.

Back