• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 FN2 help?

Hi all went to look at a red FN2 and it seemed to look alright.
Just after some advice on it. I checked the doors for rust and that was fine.
I started it n pressed the clutch no knocks or notches same when changed gear.
Havnt test drove it yet though so going back on sat.
What should I look at?

The dealer said it had 2 owners but mytextcheck said 3. So that could be as stupid as me and be 3 on log book with the last owner to be added so could be as stupid as me and be 4. or 3 and I Would be the 4th.
It's done 35k and only had 2 services by Honda last at 19. But the dealer asured me it was done at 32k and will get the booked stamped as it was a local owner and garage.
Is this bad as it wont be a Honda stamp?

The front spoiler looks a bit dull not sure if its been re-sprayed but it had quite a few stone chips. I no reading on here the paint is w4nk.
But whats too bad. The bonnet and wings wernt bad at all just the bumper.

Any advice or help would be great. My last 2 cars have been diesel so nothing feels, looks, or sounds the same.

Also was it anyones on here it's for sale in swad and a 57plate.

Would you avoid it or give it a second lOok. It's 8350.
Thanks
Graham

The eBay number is 270911982249

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha just altered it. I posted the same question on another forum and for some reason when you missed the H out of what it changed the sentence, and I didnt realise and copied and pasted it.

Here's the link. To be honest the first thing I'd do is drop the oil. To make sure it's right.
Graham

To help you out this is the 8th gen service schedule which includes the FN2.

Civic12500Service.jpg

It's not just an oil service and since it has been serviced at 19k and then 32k it should have had brake fluid and valve clearances done on the last service. Brake fluid is every 3 years and valve clearances are every 25k.

I'd put money on the garage just doing an oil service and not bothering with the rest.

The schedule is also every 12.5k or every 12 months which ever is sooner, so a 57 reg should have at least 4 stamps by now which would also mean it should have also had a new air filter and pollen filter.

So unless it is a billy bargain and you are prepared to pay for what will be quite a big service to pick up what will undoubtedly have been missed, I'd avoid it.

Ah thanks for that. It is the best deal I've been offered so far with my part ex etc. and rearly stretching my budget at that.
How must is a 25k service would that be around 300.
Graham

If you've got doubts leave it. There are plenty more around (on here in fact). It's a lot of money to part with on something that is already worrying you.

If I was you I would avoid by the information you have given. Front spoiler may need re-spray, may require a genuine service and you may end up being the 4th owner which may not be a bad thing but depends how many owners you want on your find. It may be worth to test drive a couple of more so you have some idea of how it should be and not to be reliant on this one only. Did you check the rust inside the door at the top left corner (driver side or vice versa for passenger side) inside the rubber strip? Hope this helps.

hi all went to have another look today. there is very tiny amounts of rust on the very top corner of the doors. it might just be a bit of discolouration but would prob be able to treat. its hardly noticeable.

i would technically be the 4th owner BUT the last 2 owners were the same women. she changed her address and send the log book off wrong so she has been the owner twice.

so it is technically 3 owners but rearly only is 2.

gona ring the guy back today or tomorrow and try and sort a price out taking into account the service it will need.

i went with my dad today and checked the oil and he said the oil looked new so its at least had an oil change when the garage said.

however the brake fluid was old so that wasnt done.

will see how it goes.
graham

Back