• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 FN2-HID conversion kit-Recommendations

I've not knowingly seen a 8000k kit on an FN2 before.

I used to have a 6000k kit on mine. Looked like this.

Beforeandafter.jpg

Sdc11321.jpg

Just make sure you get H7R bulbs as they are designed to work with reflector lenses like the FN2 has.

Normal H7 HIDs will have a completely incorrect beam pattern and will be dangerous as you will be blinding people!

Do you know any websites I can only find what look like universal kits?and did you have to do any mods to the light covers in the engine bay? Yours are smart that's what I'm looking for :)

Loxy, out of curiosity why did you go from HIDs to Halogen Osram Night breakers?
What is the difference between them both on your car?

Many moons ago I decided I was selling my car and getting an FD2.

I started thinking about stripping the car and HIDs were the easiest thing to get off that needed the spanners so to speak, so I took them off and put them up for sale. After a month or so I changed my mind and decided to keep the FN2 and charge it instead (that's another story entirely), so I bought the Night Breakers.

HIDs will always give a better light, no question, however with all the internet rumours that were circling at the time that HIDs were going to be virtually outlawed come MOT time, I decided to get some "road legal" bulbs instead.

Don't get me wrong the Night Breakers are a massive improvement over the standard bulbs, but HIDs will always be brighter.

Im upo page 51 so far. God I wish this site increased the post count per page! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Menu just below the banner

Forum Actions-> General Settings

About half way down "Number of Posts to Show Per Page:"

;)

Back