• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 - HKS HIPERMAX COILOVERS - HELP PLEASE!

Hi guys,

I have hks hipermax 3 coilovers on my fn2. (it came with the car)

I am finding the ride a bit firm when paired up with my rages..

does anyone know where it adjusts to soften the damping, and what tool I would need for the hks hipermax 3 coilovers. Can anyone give me a dummy's guide before me and my mate attempt this...

Plus has anyone had experience of these coilovers - heard they can bit a bit hard... but surely there is a way to dampen to a very soft setting?? will softening setting affect anything else (currenly lowered approx 25mm)

Thanks in advance.

Hey mate, didn't realise you had bought an FN2. What made you change and how are you finding it compared to the EP3?

please see pic of adjustable knob i found on my rears, but could not find a spanner to adjust, appears to be a 9mm spanner... and my mate did not have the 9mm spanner, had everything else. He says its an odd size, and he wants some instructions. Should the coilovers have come with a custom spanner?

do i just turn that bolt underneath?

IMG-20121024-00251_zps502d757e.jpg

Hey mate, didn't realise you had bought an FN2. What made you change and how are you finding it compared to the EP3?

First impressions;

FN2 less raw.

My FN2 handles like is on rails. LSD, coilovers. More refined inside. got some mugen bits too :)

Okay found the key now, and just want to mess round with settings.

The backs are straight forward as its anti clockwise to soften.

However the fronts, the adjuster is at the bottom of the strut, by wheel. So when I turn it anti to soften, what perspective should it be? As If I am looking at the engine bay, or as if I am from inside the car looking at the front.

If the adjuster was at the top, it would be as if looking at engine bay, can I assume the same given my adjuster is at the bottom ?

If the adjuster is on the bottom, it would be as if you are led on your back looking up at it.

Think about what you are doing on the backs, turning it anti-clockwise is lengthening the point of the adjuster to the other end of the coilover, in that lefty/loosey, righty/tighty. Anti clockwise on the back is looking down at the adjuster, it's just upside down on the front.

So just to clarify Loxy, imagine the car is on a ramp. I am underneath car facing the front of car. Ie as if I am in drivers seat...

I just need to turn it anti clockwise from this perspective?? Is that right?

No. Whether you're facing forward or back doesn't matter, that direction will always be the same. It only changes whether you are looking up or down the rotational axis.

If the car is up on a ramp, and you are looking up at the adjuster, anti-clockwise.

No. Whether you're facing forward or back doesn't matter, that direction will always be the same. It only changes whether you are looking up or down the rotational axis.

If the car is up on a ramp, and you are looking up at the adjuster, anti-clockwise.

Of course yes.! So the rears, I am looking at it from the top, which way for that?

Back