• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 - HKS Premium vs HKS Racing Induction Kit.

Hi Ladies & Gents (I think there are a few out there anyway).

I've decided I want an induction kit for my FN2. I'm not after gains, I want the induction noise, and simply "because I can!". The Gruppe M would be the 1st choice, however, at £987.51 I'll give it a miss!

I had a look at the Unit 8 website and they have 2 kits listed.
They are both HKS kits, one being the Premium kit and the other being the Racing kit.

From what I see the Premium kit is a closed kit. Basically you get a panel filter (keeping OEM airbox) and a shiny intake pipe for £165.
Now the Racing kit is an open cone type for £254.

I have read alot in the search results about the open cones on the EP3's succumbing to heatsoak. Apart from the kit which sits in the bumper (AEM CAI?) which might cause hyrdolock!

So my question is simply, would the closed kit on an FN2 be the better option purely because of heatsoak issues? Or would there be nothing in it between the two kits?

Cheers Gang,

Sean

PS, I'm trying to get home for August, is anyone thinking about planning meets in the midlands (Notts) area?

Yeah I spotted that in a new thread that appeared. I'll see about getting one sent to my folks and pick it up when I get home...

Cheers Hasnic.

hey i have just put a K and N appolo kit on my FN2 sounds sweet especialy when your in the vtec! approx 3bhp increase aswell which is always good

Aem gives flatspots, K&N is crap!
HKS race gives 8bhp when I tested it on mine but also has the flatspot.
Give it a couple of weeks and I will have tested the new Injen kit. It's similar to AEM CAI on EP3 and best rated kit in the US on the Si.
If it makes at least the same as the gruppeM it's a no brainer.

Back