• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Honda Civic Type-R

Well, due to a year and a half of wedding & honeymoon related costs, I was forced to hold onto my old faithful diesel Megane for a lot longer than I would have liked. Now all that is over, I thought it was time to change. ;)

Picked up this on Thursday night.

2007 Milano red FN2 with black GP pack. 2 owners from new. Has had the 3rd gear syncro replaced and is in great condition. Few bits and pieces that need tidied up but otherwise, I'm really pleased with it.

Puts a smile on my face every time I take it out for a drive. :D Fuel economy has gone out the window the past few days but it's been worth it. No major plans for now, keeping it pretty standard.

Gave it a bit of a clean this morning and took some (quite a few) photos.

The previous owner must have polished it not long before they sold it to me. I just de-tared it, washed it and then gave it a coat of Natty's red paste wax.

Small update.

Replaced the gearstick gaiter as the old one was looking a bit tired.

gaiter-1.jpg

gaiter-2.jpg

gaiter-3.jpg

Front pads are near due a change so I've ordered a set of these for it. Seem to be recommended highly by others, even with the OEM discs. Will probably replace the lines for some braided ones when the discs need replaced. Brakes have been the only let down so far. Don't seem to have the bite I thought they would.

ferodo-ds2500-brake-pads-rear-civic-type-r-fn2-3183.jpg

How easy/hard did you find replacing the gaitor bud? I've seen a few guides but seems very fiddly to me!

How easy/hard did you find replacing the gaitor bud? I've seen a few guides but seems very fiddly to me!

Was pretty straight forward. Used the guide I found on here or civicinfo.

The little 'tabs' at the bottom of the gaiter are stapled on a plastic ring/ holder type thing. Took me a while to refit the staples through the new leather. Not difficult, just a bit time consuming.

Welcome fellow FN2 owner. Gorgeous car, shame its Milano ;). Just kidding mate enjoy the car and indeed the forum :).

Brake Upgrade

Ferodo DS2500 pads and Do-Luck lines arrived today. :lol:

Small change which will hopefully 'beef' up the brakes a little and help with pedal feel. The current front pads are on their way out anyway so seems like a sensible time to upgrade.

brakes1.jpg

Should have them in by next week.

HKS RSK fitted

Fitted the HKS RSK and heat shield tonight. Sounds great when up the revs but quiet like standard when driving around town. :lol:

hksrsk-1.jpg

hksrsk-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice little upgrades, just saving for a wheel refurb for mine, however the HKS RSK is definitely next on the list, I need that noise in my life

Haven't updated this in a while. Few small changes over the past few months.

H&R spacers fitted to the rear.

spacers.jpg

How it looked at the end of June.

fn2_rally_1.jpg

fn2_rally_2.jpg

Wheels were a bit of a mess so booked them in to have a refurb in August. Went for anthracite colour. Also fitted a set of Vredestein Ultrac Vorti tyres on the front

Ordered spacers for the front but there was a mixup with them so weren't fitted in these photos.

9590963347_7b26de6932_c.jpg

9590966001_afbb4a7fb3_c.jpg

9593762864_fdce3c5275_c.jpg

9593764894_ce105f1515_c.jpg

Front spacers finally arrived. Got those fitted and took it to a Honda Owners' dyno day at the start of September.

9691223513_9d14e77efb_b.jpg

9694457342_41b2ae428a_b.jpg

2d4affb017c711e39b2e22000a1d0a95_7.jpg

Results were as expected as it's almost stock. Healthy enough.

Got a set of 15mm Eibach Pro Kit springs and fitted them myself at the start of October. Never changed a set before so I was pretty pleased with myself. Apart from one drop link that needed cut off, it went smoothly enough.

Front looks noticeably lower and back sits at a nicer height now. Rubbish iPhone photos:

springs.jpg

springs2.jpg

Most recent small updates:

New filter for the HKS. 2 minute job to replace.

10387078225_89d198ebb7_b.jpg

10387096036_e278a5494a_b.jpg

Bought another set of Vorti's for the rear. The previous owner didn't mind using budgets and they were awful in any sort of rain.

Replaced the cheap replica gear knob with a genuine Skunk2 one. Much nicer IMO.

Also got some stuff off Rollo at Orchard Autocare . 1 coat of AG Super Resin, 1 coat of SpeedSeal, and 1 coat of Perfection applied by hand. Paint cleans up pretty well but will probably need a machine polish after the winter.

Few more iPhone photos.

10508723376_f7e814fcc1_b.jpg

10508720625_9ae7b70706_b.jpg

10508721875_3b87f0c2d9_b.jpg

10508722155_e7b892de16_b.jpg

That's it for now. Thanks for looking. :)

Back