• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 FN2 Indicator Flasher Unit

Hi.

New to the forum - really sorry if this is somewhere else already but have had a look and can't see it anywhere!!!

Can someone tell me where the flasher unit relay is located in the Type R FN2??

Thanks.

Not 100% sure but if it is anywhere I would imagine it is in the box next to the interior fuse box.

Are they not flashing at all? Checked the fuse I presume?

I've bought led indicator bulbs and read you can buy a replacement led flasher relay.

Problem is - I don't know what it looks like and before I buy one to see if it works, I need to make sure I get one that fits!!!

Just had a thought - if I stick the hazards on then have a search about for it I should be able to hear it????

Worth a try! Just don't pull it out while they are on!

Find the one you think it is, engine off, fuse out, relay out, fuse back in and then give it a try.

It won't blow when you take the relay out if it isn't there. It might not blow, but it's a good way to be sure! :lol:

Right - update!!! Honda say its in the drivers footwell area near the fuse box there. I've removed the plastic surround which came off easily then had a look around. Can hear it clicking away but no idea where it was. Guy at Honda said if be able to feel it clicking....

Makes sense. It's a relay so moving parts. Stick your hazards on and get your finger tip on the top of them.

Still not found this yet - getting an auto electrician to help me on Saturay morning so if found will post it's location for reference...

Sorry I dont know wat this means!!!!

I initially phoned my local dealer and he tried to explain the location of the flasher relay - so I am assuming that it does have one. As I said before though, the clicking noise seems to be slightly higher in the footwell than I can reach or see, but without knowing specifically what it looks like I clearly cant be 100% sure...

If I dont find it on Saturday I am sacking it!!!!!!!!!

Back