• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fn2 ipod connectivity

Hi. I have 59 plate fn2 and I am going to buy an ipod purely for the car to run through the standard radio on usb port. Just wanted to know will all ipods work or is it ipods made after a certain date. (I.e do old mk touches or mk3 classic ipods work)

I already have the usb mod cable

Thanks

sent from the middle of nowhere, the centre of everywhere!

?

Standard response is if it has a USB port in the arm rest (09 up) or sometimes dealer fit to the glove box, you need the Honda lead for it to work. Honda no longer sell said lead.

If you don't have a USB port then you'll need a connects2 or a DICE box to use your iPod via the aux connection on the rear of the OEM head unit.

HTH.

I have the arm rest usb port and the honda adapter cable just wondered if its a case of will the car work with
all ipods or does only work with the newer generations of ipods built the last 5 years say. Stupid question I know but wasnt sure of software compatibility.

(Thanks for quick reply)

No idea is the honest reply.

If anything I think you would have more issues with the newer generation iPods. Didn't the connector change at some point or was that just iPads?

Yeah they changed but the still used a usb port . Thanks anyway

That's the thing you see, the Apple lead doesn't work you need the Honda lead and that's only got the one type of connector on it! ;)

Back