• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 FN2 LED Lights

Hey all just a quick question for everyone:

Anyone know if you can get LED tail lights for the FN2 Type R? I want to change the look of my lights and atm it seems impossible to find anything other than the lights which are fitted as standard.

Your knowledge will be much appreciated!
:)

Considering the view count of this post I'm assuming no-one has any info regarding custom rear lights then?

...Also has anyone had their rear lights smoked out? Thought it'd go well with my one but just wanna hear another opinion on the matter.

I have 7w T10 front side light LED's that are "piercingly bright" and run them as day-lighters all the time... £3.75 a pair from China... get spares, as they can fail... makes trallops look twice before changing lanes in front of you..
T15 25w LED reversing lights that are fab too, and T20 mega bright 35w fogs on the rear...

All frontal lights are 55watt HID conversions at 4300k colour temperature... white, not Chavvy Blue..

There are Stop/Tail & indicators LED bayonet bulbs out there, but they are stupidly expensive though at about £30 a pair... and unfortunately I've had them fail.... too expensive for the risk me thinks... they are also a heavy item and can damage the fitment they plug into with all the road vibration from a type R..
It is the heat of the LED bulbs that kills them too, and the LED can de-solder and drop off the PCB from my experience...

Last edited by a moderator:
I got some led sidelights for my car last week I took the sidelight out of the headlight case but then couldn't get the actual bulb out of the bulb holder does it just take a bit of effort as I didn't wana break anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What i think you have done there mate is take the full beam bulb out.
The side light is in the other case which has low beam H7 and side light in the same case.You will find the side light under the H7 buld,give it a pull and replace your side light and pop it back in again. job done;)

Haha silly me new to the honda world! Must say *** owned a Clio 172 and an Astra vxr but this type r is always bundles of fun every journey! Will get it done next time it's not raining! I just opened it up
And grabbed the first one that came to me lol

lol i may of done the same thing when i got mine:D
Yeh there great cars i have had mine for nearly two years now and still puts a smile on my face when i drive it,and even more so now i have a hks rsk fitted:)

Ahh good mate I'm not sure what to get done to mines yet might start of with a good filter but I dare say it has to be a good one!!

Forgive me for possibly saying something stupid....
I'm attempting to replace the sidelights on my FN2 (the ones closest to the front grill). I bought some LED bulbs from eBay but can't for the life of me work out how to fit them! Do I need some kind of 'cradle' to put them in, just like the original standard bulbs? Or do I have to solder them into the metal cradle that's already there.
Any help would be grately appreciated.
Cheers

The side light casing is the bigger 1 of the two they are in the same case as low beam. Just pull the plastic holder and it will pop out, the driver side is harder though you need skinny hands. I think you are in the wrong casing mate I think you might be trying to replace you main beam lol.

I did mine yesterday and took the high beam one out first.. But it's the fitting underneath that, it's an orange plug just pull it out and it'll take the bulb out with it, just take the bulb out then fit the LED one, make sure it works before you put it back in, if it doesn't turn the bulb around and then fit again and it should work, if not you've probably got a dud bulb.

I've ordered some interior , number plate and reversing lights. Does anyone know if you can change the brake lights to LED? Think that may be the only set of lights that you can't change to LED due to them being double filament?
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there Bessim can I ask where you got your reverse lights and number plate led lights please?

Kind regards

Smudge

Back