• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Manifold and decat

Well I'm off to TDI-North next week to get the ecutek and manifold and decat fitted. I was wondering if anyone else had done the same done to theirs? Would be nice to hear some feedback. Also Ive got a miltek non resonated exhaust how much will my ears hurt now when the manifold/decat are fitted???

I've recently had the CPL manifold and it's certainly a touch louder. Loads more pops and bangs, the power increase is well worth it though.

I've recently had the CPL manifold and it's certainly a touch louder. Loads more pops and bangs, the power increase is well worth it though.

A touch louder I can live with that :) I'm looking forward to it never had a car ''mapped'' before so will be a new experience was just a little concerned I would wake the whole town up when I'm on mornings! I don't do much motorway driving so I'm not fussed about the noise on long journeys.

You'll wake them up on cold starts ;)

Feel my 3" is quieter on cold starts than my milltek was when decatted, I just pull away and cruise down the road gently and keep below 3k rpm until it warms up.

You'll wake them up on cold starts ;)

Feel my 3" is quieter on cold starts than my milltek was when decatted, I just pull away and cruise down the road gently and keep below 3k rpm until it warms up.

I generally roll the car off the drive and start it as I'm rolling off and drive as slow as possible until I'm clear ;)

It's the 2k tickover on cold that does it. It's not quiet. WOT when warmed up sounds good, but that's when you want it to be anyway.

It's the 2k tickover on cold that does it. It's not quiet. WOT when warmed up sounds good, but that's when you want it to be anyway.

Yeah I wouldn't sit at idle on the drive on my 4:45am starts she would defffo see me off :) Even now when starting its not quiet just with the non res haha I'll maybe have to roll it further down the road before starting first. I'll have to start a progress build on here I've done a few bit's to it now and it's good to look back on.

Back