• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 - New Tyres time, choices to consider?

Hi guys,
Well its time for a new set of tyres, could possibly get away with only changing 2 (the fronts) But ideally could do with changing all 4. Since owning the car (Purchased June 2012) I have been highly impressed with the 225/40 18" Bridgestone Potenza's. I'm not going to lie, money is a little tight at the moment as I've had to replace brakes (discs and pads) and also needed a new OSF Caliper as the old one was sticking bad. Also June 6th the road tax is due... So I'm looking for a set of 4 tyres and would consider other brands/makes of tyres.

I have had a read through the thread on peoples reviews of different tyres and can't make up my mind. Could anyone recommed any garages or online sites to get a good set of affordable tyres from besides the Potenza's? I do drive and push quite hard so grip is important to me but I also would like to get more than just 20-30k miles out of a set. Any recommendations?

Thank god its my 25th Birthday June 3rd - tyres please, lol.

Cheers.

I can't recommended Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2s highly enough. They've been great on road and surprisingly good on the odd track day.

Camskill is a good site for tyres.

I can't recommended Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2s highly enough. They've been great on road and surprisingly good on the odd track day.

Cheers John, I dont suppose you mind giving me a rough price for those do you? Per tyre.

Cheers

I am into my 1st 1,000 miles on the old style Goodyear eagle F1 's (directional pattern) and find they have transformed the car in the wet/damp weather, I would say that any Goodyear eagles are excellent if you get them for a good price, mine were £444.00 from Asda tyres of all places that's fitted at a local centre of choice.

good luck with your choice, it's a minefield out there, a lot depends on how you drive aswell.

regards
Baz

This all day long ^^^ Although i have these Eagle F1's on my EP3, a friend with a bmw e9x also highly recommends them.

Back