• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 FN2 questions & thoughts...

Hi all,

Very close one to buying my first Honda, first Type-R etc, although previously been a SUBARU guy. It's between a 59 plate and an 11 plate (both facelift but obviously the 11 has the lsd)

Couple of questions I can't really find an answer for:

1. Do Honda have a recovery/assistance scheme for owners similar to Toyota (we have 2) - that's£63 a year and includes everything up to European assistance etc?
  2. I am thinking of getting a spare set of wheels with winter tyres - do any other Honda wheels (except FN's) fit (and fit over the brakes etc)?
  3. Can you put a Honda back into manufacturers warranty (you can with any Toyota up to 10 years/00,000 miles)?
  4. Best lowering springs for handling versus ride comfort the Eibach 15mm?

Thanks,

Brian.

Hi,

1. If you have a Honda warranty then yes, if not then no.

2. Answered this on FB for you. OEM is 7.5Jx18" ET55, PCD 5x114 with a 64.1 centre bore. Stick to this and you won't go wrong. Most other Honda wheels would fit, you just have to get the correct tyre size.

3. If you buy Honda approved from a main dealer yes, but otherwise no.

4. Yes, the Eibach 15mm kit.

Just be wary, not all 11 plates will have an LSD. If the car was manufactured before April '10 bit only registered late, then it won't have one. If unsure, contact a dealer and have the VIN handy and they should be able to tell you from the parts system.

Thanks for that :)

Car was registered 31st March 2011 so hopefully made post April 2010 but will check with Honda.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back