• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 FN2 Recall Notice

I have just had a recall notice from Honda. Apparently it's to check the engine wiring loom. An hour to check and if it needs changing, needs to be in for around 2 days!

Has anybody had this done yet?

I've just had the PDF from a mate who's a Honda techie. It says it should only go into Honda for 1/2 a day?

Guys, pm me your email addresses and I will send it on. It's on my work email and I'm on a night shift tomorrow so i will deal with it then

I had a phone call from my dealer today.

The car is booked for the 5 min check to see if the loom needs replacement.
Apparently it affects headlights, indicator and the horn but that was just the advice from the receptionist.

is it this one?

Reference: R/2011/144
Manufacturer Ref: 2011/06
Make: HONDA
Model: Civic R
Launch Date: 30/11/2011
Numbers Involved: 13183
Build Start Date: 07/12/2006
Build End Date: 28/09/2010
Concern: SHORT CIRCUIT MAY OCCUR
Description: Incorrect positioning of the engine bay wiring harness under the engine mounting bracket, could result in damage to the harness leading to a short circuit or in the worst case a fire.
Remedial Action: Inspection of the wiring harness. If damaged harness is to be replaced
Vehicle Id: SHHFN23607U000102 to SHHFN2360AU002567

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/rec...66DE3F8025793600461A4B&freeText=Blank&tx=VOSA

Last edited by a moderator:
It affects MY07 to MY10 according to those VINs, basically all FN2s.

I'll laugh if the loom is the one that I now have a missing bracket for because the it's not on the RRC inlet manifold. :rolleyes:

I've been trying to stick my VIN in here all day and it comes back as internal server error. Well done Honda, issue recall and your system for checking if you are affected falls over...

Just had the reply from HUK, I emailed them since the Recalls and Updates page wasn't working.

My car does need to go back. Looks like a job for the weekend then.

I suspect they didn't know about this fault when producition begain and has only recently come to light..........
Yes true but still, I'm pretty sure this hasn't only just come to light though.

Had mine done today.

Here is the info.

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image3.jpg

Image4.jpg

Image5.jpg

Image6.jpg

Mine was done today... 20minutes looking around the showroom, twiddling my thumbs... 'you car is fine, no problems' yay! Talking to the guy who sold me my car and he didn't even know about te recall!!! Great communication!

Back