• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 FN2 Recall Notice

Out of interest what would be the VAG approach Stoo?

I've not actually read it all to be fair, doesn't it say to replace if bare wire showing, tape is to sure it up if not?

For the record, outer sheeth wasn't even damaged on mine. Quick fix.

Bare wire or damaged insulation would be a wiring repair by means of cutting the damage out, in-line splice and heat shrinking.

Funnily enough I'm teaching fundamental electrics and wiring on Monday.

I'm booking mine next week as I've just had any time over the last couple of days . I'm hoping that will be an extra string to the selling bow.

You'd be surprised how much of the fibre network in this country is held together with that stuff. :lol:
You wouldn't be surprised with how much of the Army's kit is held together with it. :lol:

Had mine done yesterday.

They check the loom as per the recall .pdf sheet. Then took a photo of the loom and finally pin punched the VIN plate on the passengers door sill. I presume to prove the inspection had taken place.

Total time taken = 45seconds.

Went onto that site today but it was still not working, as I wanted to check a recall had been done on mine for the MISU as it mentioned it on the service paperwork needing to be rebooked in to be replaced, but no mention.

After asking Loxy I went onto the live chat and someone found out the details on there, he said that it had been carried out, however this was outstanding and would get a local garage to give me a call. So should be all sorted soon :)

Thats my recall done, no problems. I was really lazy and got them to fit my new alloy filler cap while it was in :), it looks the mutts :) photo on my car link in signature.

Only just noticed this thread, to say the recall was sent out in November I have not had a phone call from my dealer. Absolutely rubbish to say it is a possible fire risk.

Back