• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 FN2 Seat height question

Just getting settled in with my FN2. I like to get my surrounding sorted before I start messing with performance and handling.

The one thing I'd like to do is make the driver's seat lower to the floor than the adjustment mechanism lets you. Anyone aware if this is impossible for any crazy reason? It's possible that it's already low and it just feels high because there's a fuel tank under my bum. Either that, or the fact that I'm rather tall.

But any snippets of knowledge welcome!

The seat rail is part of the seat on FN2s so you've no option to fit lower rails.

As far as I'm aware the ratchet is the only way to adjust the height. I'm only 5 foot 6 and I sometimes feel I could do with it lower but you do get used to it.

Cheers Loxmeister - you are the Yoda of the FN2 world!

(That wasn't a dig at your height by the way)

I had a grope on the way home and noticed there was very little clearance - ho hum, I'll manage, would have been nice but not the end of the world.

Anyone had any experience with XCARLINK - ipod and hands free integration kits?

http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?productid=7&cat=3&page=1

The boys on the accord forums are all over them like a fat kid on muffins, but not heard them mentioned over here - thinking about getting one for mine, as the cd player doesn't seem to like playing CD's that much anyway!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Loxmeister - you are the Yoda of the FN2 world!

(That wasn't a dig at your height by the way)

I had a grope on the way home and noticed there was very little clearance - ho hum, I'll manage, would have been nice but not the end of the world.

Anyone had any experience with XCARLINK - ipod and hands free integration kits?

http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?productid=7&cat=3&page=1

The boys on the accord forums are all over them like a fat kid on muffins, but not heard them mentioned over here - thinking about getting one for mine, as the cd player doesn't seem to like playing CD's that much anyway!

I used this for iPod control in my old FN2

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/10949.html

just dont let anybody get in your side of the car, takes forever to get the seat back to where you had it lol...

:lol: I know tell me about it. All Honda hatches I've ever had have done this, and it's ferking annoying! If I'm dropping people off etc I just sit tight and wait for them to scramble over the other side :D

lol i try to do that buddy but get slapped around the back of the head as the passenger side is always closer to some car or something else...

Just resurrect an old thread, I can't help thinking that the problem with the fn2 seating position is the lack support just up from the knee. Maybe chocking up the front with a couple of washers would help. Shame the don't have the extending bases like the ATR's Recaros.

Does anyone else have the same problem as me, I'm only 5ft 6, I have my seat as low as it will go plus have the steering wheel as high as it will go. The problem I have is that I can't see the warning lights on the top of the dash

No. I'm 5'6", seat as low as it will go and drop the wheel about a 1/3 from bottom so you can still see the speedo.

Does anyone else have the same problem as me, I'm only 5ft 6, I have my seat as low as it will go plus have the steering wheel as high as it will go. The problem I have is that I can't see the warning lights on the top of the dash

Different problem as I'm 5ft 10 but I can't get the seat and wheel correct to see the lights at the top - cruise and the lights indicator.

Comfortable position but just can't see the lights. Would like to drop the seat further but that's not an option.

Back