• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email
Is anyone able to advise on the removing/installation of aftermarket seats in the FN2 CTR?

Keen to get some buckets for the fronts, but I'm not really a DIY man, and am not entirely sure how to tackle whatever electrics there maybe beneath the seats - setbelt weight sensor etc.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Out of interest - I'd be keen to hear the opinions of those in a similar position, or your opinions on the Type-R seats in general.

Cheers,

TR

So it could simply be a case of unplugging the seatbelt sensor, and the airbag(s) - then just removing the seats accordingly?

or your opinions on the Type-R seats in general.

I find the leg bolsters irritate me on long runs, but then I'm a lard arse...
Other than that I quite like them. I have seen some of the EP3 seats have those "extendy" bits that support the back of the knee, I'd quite like those in my FN2.

erm...I dont know. I guess it depends on the type/style you have in mind.
I'm not a fan of the race buckets. You know the rock solid kind that you cant move or adjust?

And aftermarket buckets are really expensive. I'd put the money into a zorst/induction system.

Though I really want a FRSU, but dont know who can do this for the FN2. If Neily03 is around he might be able to put me straight. But I dont think the adjustable camber arms and bolts, etc are available for the FN2.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suspect if you disconnect the side airbags you'll lose the whole airbag system...

I suspect if you disconnect the side airbags you'll lose the whole airbag system...

Not if you find out the resistance value of the airbag module and simply replace it with a resistor of that value.

As said though i am sure your insurance company would have something to say about removing part of the cars safety systems.

Not if you find out the resistance value of the airbag module and simply replace it with a resistor of that value.

As said though i am sure your insurance company would have something to say about removing part of the cars safety systems.

Is this easy to do? I'm looking at some Recaro's or Bride's, but my reservations on ordering them stem from the complications (for me at least) with the beepers/airbags/sensors etc.

Thanks in anticipation, to anyone who can clarify what the process invloves/difficulty etc.

TR

erm...I dont know. I guess it depends on the type/style you have in mind.
I'm not a fan of the race buckets. You know the rock solid kind that you cant move or adjust?

And aftermarket buckets are really expensive. I'd put the money into a zorst/induction system.

Though I really want a FRSU, but dont know who can do this for the FN2. If Neily03 is around he might be able to put me straight. But I dont think the adjustable camber arms and bolts, etc are available for the FN2.

eibach do a frsu for the fn2 camber bolts for the front shims for the rear as it has a torsion bar tgm in fleet can do it for you.

Would love them in the EP3 but cannot afford and would need rear's as well.

My seats wouldn't go for much.

Just buy a DC2.

TBH, I seriously toyed with the idea - and probably should have put my money down on a DC2 - but I got a great deal on my FN2, now to revert to a DC would see me incur a massive hit (financially), as I have only recently bought the FN from brand new.

Keen to get my FN2 looking different to what's out there at the moment, as barring a couple of examples - there anren't many that have been modded/worked on.

Back