• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Fn2 shifter

Hi all, thinking of getting an fn2, liked the drive for a stock car but what has happened to the shift??? it's like my mondeo, massive gaps between the gears.

is there an aftermarket short shift kit available yet??

Hi all, thinking of getting an fn2, liked the drive for a stock car but what has happened to the shift??? it's like my mondeo, massive gaps between the gears.

Massive gaps between the gears??? Buddy you would be hard pushed to find a better, close ratio box in the hotch hatch market today IMHO. It's nowt like the Mondeo box.

Buddy?? (I am certainly not your buddy and unlikely to become one calling me that),

What are you on??, It has huge gaps , very un-sports like compared to its predicessor, have you driven anything else???? or are you a noob to the type R???
The gearbox ratios itself are fine nicely spaced, they have nothing whatsoever to do with the way it shifts tho.

Buddy?? (I am certainly not your buddy and unlikely to become one calling me that),

What are you on??, It has huge gaps , very un-sports like compared to its predicessor, have you driven anything else???? or are you a noob to the type R???
The gearbox ratios itself are fine nicely spaced, they have nothing whatsoever to do with the way it shifts tho.

Just friendly chat..............:cool: but obviously beyond some people.

Huge gaps............... I can see this being an ongoing debate so lets agree to disagree. I think the gaps between gears are very close nit, which makes for a very smooth and quick gear change.
........and actually yes, i've driven both EK3 and EP3 Type R's as well as the S2000 and i believe there is very little to choose between the lot. Just my opionion though.

i did wonder after reading this that perhaps he is looking for something to shorten the travel the gear stick makes between gears while shifting??

i did wonder after reading this that perhaps he is looking for something to shorten the travel the gear stick makes between gears while shifting??

Quite correct..........although I couldn't answer that. :D

Just wondered why it was needed on the FN2 :confused:

fail-owned-politeness-billboard-fai.jpg

:lol:

C&S (Simon) has an S2000 too :)

latest-issue-lrg.jpg

He used to have a time attack DC5 also, but yeah he was a bit off with the 'buddy' thing.:lol:

Hi Dotty, i never called anyone "Buddy" ;-)

I was luck enough to drive one of the first Fn2's available from Honda's press fleet for a test in Redline and drove one again the other day, I really liked it but the only gripe was the length of throw on the stock shifter compared to other cars I have driven/owned/raced. including several hondas. dc5's, ep3's s2000's.

Creilly- I bow to your superior knowledge, you know far more than i ever will on the subject of shifting gears in a Honda so thanks for your input it is duly noted.

I stupidly asked a simple question and was looking for a simple answer not to debate the subject, i really should have known better, but hey ho we live and learn so i'm outa here.

I was luck enough to drive one of the first Fn2's available from Honda's press fleet for a test in Redline and drove one again the other day, I really liked it but the only gripe was the length of throw on the stock shifter compared to other cars I have driven/owned/raced. including several hondas. dc5's, ep3's s2000's.

Creilly- I bow to your superior knowledge, you know far more than i ever will on the subject of shifting gears in a Honda so thanks for your input it is duly noted.

I stupidly asked a simple question and was looking for a simple answer not to debate the subject, i really should have known better, but hey ho we live and learn so i'm outa here.

i think there was a little confusion over your question perhaps being read wrong. Not to worry. :cool:

popcorn.gif

I thought I'd seen the name C&S Evo7 somewhere before and now I remember where.

Anyway, that's enough from me. You girls play nicely.

:gayfight:

Like i said, it' was only my opionion not 'what i say goes.' Gee's some people really need to lighten up........:twisted:

I haven't implied i know it all............... merely dared to mention i think the shift on the FN2 is spot on. No offence intended so get over it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hello Buddy.:lol: ;)
It is **** compared to the EP3 with the short shifter or a DC5....or S2000 for that matter.
There is one available as Mr Jones was flashing pictures at me the other day.:rolleyes:

Congrats to you both on the car of the year award as well.:cool:

Back