• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Sports Cat

Hiya, i'm looking for a bit of advice please. I have added a few parts to my fn2, milltek exhaust, induction kit, fd2 throttle body, skunk 2 inlet manifold and a re-map. I want to try and squeeze a little more power from it. Thinking along the lines of a sports cat and was wondering if i would expect any decent gains from this. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

People have had mixed experiences of sports cats. Some you need to get really hot before the test.

Gains are OK but nowhere near as much as a proper decat race header, and that's mid range where you would use it most.

People have had mixed experiences of sports cats. Some you need to get really hot before the test.

Gains are OK but nowhere near as much as a proper decat race header, and that's mid range where you would use it most.
Will i stuggle getting an MOT with a full de-cat though?

Will i stuggle getting an MOT with a full de-cat though?

It will fail with a de cat, unless you know a friendly tester or swap manifolds at testing time

Are there any suggestions for mods to get a little more power without going down the forced induction. Its got out of hand to be honest, i bought with the intention of keeping it stock but now i've got the bug

Assuming you've done the intake and cat back, have you had it remapped with Flashpro? It drops the VTEC crossover point to makes the car feel more rapid in the rev range where you use it most. Exhaust manifold is the next big one. If you go down the full decat header route, then you can get a sports cat welded in the b-pipe as a sort of in-between compromise, but again the cat needs to be hot to pass the MOT.

It's a long read but all my graphs and what I did each time are in here including going Rotrexed with the standard manifold and cat: http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?65480-Loxy-s-Silver-FN2-GT

Yes it's had a flash pro remap which really transforms the car anyway. Its around 227bhp at the minute just wanted to try and get nearer the 240 mark then i'll be happy

I had HKS RSK, FD2 TB, RRC inlet manifold, FD2 balancer shaft delete kit, Tegiwa decat exhaust manifold and a Magnex cat-back (original before Magnex went bust and got bought out and cheap versions started to be made).

That made 237bhp/173ftlb on TDi-North's rollers.

TegiwaGraph.jpg

I went Skunk2 Stage 1 cams and Skunk2 Pro Series Valve Springs after that and made 247bhp/180ftlb:

Skunk2s.jpg

Not that much point doing cams though if you are keeping the OEM manifold as you'll strangle the exhaust flow and not make anywhere near the most of them.

Check the dates on the dynos...

It escalates very quickly and it is so so easy to blow £3-4k before you've thought that much about it...

Thanks for your help, i know what you mean about how quickly you get through the money but its worth it when you get behind the wheel. Will be looking into getting a few bits done once i've saved the pennies

Back