• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Stonechip rust

Hi,

I picked up my FN2 in February. And now in August the front end is riddled with stonechips! Some of these stonechips have developed rust blisters. Is this something that is covered by the warranty? Its only 6 months old!
Why have Honda now taken to slapping p*ss thin paint on their cars, its shocking!

its not just the type-r model mate all of the new shape civics seem to do it. all of my lease cars ive handed back in have had the same issue. should be covered under warrenty as it is a known fault

Honda have been using white primer and thin paint for years. My EP3 was terrible after 12 months of light use.

on contrast, my 53 plate ford after 41k miles hasn't a single stone chip :eek:

I cant believe its as bad as it is. I had seen the stonechips, but I also saw the primer underneath, so I left it thinking I'll get honda to sort it at the 1st service. But now a few of them have blistered.
Also on the very front corner of the bonnet, there is some "rust ringworm" under the paint - odd as this is a good 6" from the nearest stonechip. Its the kind of wear I'd expect on a 5-6 year, 100k+, motorway tanker!

I'm just so gutted! I knew I should have had the ST or the Cupra!

Hi,

I picked up my FN2 in February. And now in August the front end is riddled with stonechips! Some of these stonechips have developed rust blisters. Is this something that is covered by the warranty?

No chance! You should touch them up before they rust. Oh and stop driving so close to the car in front.

No chance! You should touch them up before they rust. Oh and stop driving so close to the car in front.

Agreed. Best thing to do is to get some anti-rust primer (available to from halfords etc) and apply that to the chip once you've brushed away as much rust as you can with a fine nylon/steel brush (comes with the Honda touch up paint). Then apply paint on top of that.

Back