• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Suspension Question

Hi everyone,
I bought my first Honda, a 2010 fn2 type r gt 5 months ago and although I really like the engine and gearbox I just can't get on with the crap suspension
setup! It crashes over the smallest bumps and constantly jiggles and bounces down the road as if one department picked the shocks and another picked the
springs lol
I find that when I have a bit of fun say exiting a roundabout it bounces about and constantly struggles for traction because the poor suspension setup can't keep
the bloody wheels on the ground, Its just to hard!! I've test driven another 2 fn2 just to make sure its not my car and they were the same.
My last car was a lotus exige s which felt way better! Stiff but soaked up all but the biggest bumps with ease.
I'm thinking of trying Meister r coilovers, are they any good? If I set them on a soft setting would they be supple enough for every day driving on are crap roads?
As I feel its ruining what would be a really fun car.

Carl :(

I've heard of people having some good experiences with Meister R coilovers. They're one of the better kits out there.

If you explain what you are after from a set, they'll advise you on how to best set them up.

Bilstein also do a set with fixed rate and height and people rave about those but I've never been in a car with them on so can't really be sure.

I plumped for a set of good old Eibach pro 15mm drop springs. I thought they set the suspension off nicely, firm enough but got rid of the crashiness you describe.

I have not had any first hand experience with Meister R coilover units, however the thing that alot of people fail to remember when fitting coilovers to their car is that they NEED to be set up correctly to get the best out of them.

This usually consists of actually fitting the coilovers, then properly corner weighting the car to help with the setting up of the alignment etc...making it a more costly process which is why you tend to see alot of people throughing coilovers on their car and not going the extra mile to have them set up.

If the car is used as a daily driver/for road use, I would say go for a decent set of springs and shocks...like Loxy said Eibach are a quality manufacturer of springs and you cant go wrong with a set of Bilstein dampers. Spend any extra money on some decent tyres or brakes or even replacing worn bushes. ;)

Thanks for the replies guys, think I'm gonna go for dampers and springs, just cant decide which ones.
I like the idea of being able to adjust the ride height on coilovers so I'm edging towards them.
I don't live to far from TDI north or ABP, do they have any cars to have a ride in??

TDi North's time attack FN2 is on Tein coilovers. I'm sure ABP have an FN2 on the Bilsteins.

Back