• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 FN2 Test Drive Complete!!

Well I finally took a test drive today in an FN2 today and I have to say I was very impressed :D. The feel from the steering was way more positive than my EP3 and the car seemed more stable at higher speed. Throttle response was good and the car pulled really well in V-tec. Also although the suspension was very firm the bigger softer seats made the car feel smoother than that of the EP3. I didn't notice any problems with knocking from the rear suspension or squeaking from the clutch etc. I did try to look for rust at the top of the doors but was not entirely sure where to look. If someone could post a pic that would be really helpful! The car has done 19k, has a full honda history and has had one owner from new. The wheels are a little scuffed and could do with reconditioning and there is a small scrape just below the passenger side headlight wich has made a gap between the light and bumper but is clearly not proper accident damage. Overall those things aside the car appears to be in fantastic condition. The asking price is £10495 and they have offered me 4k for my 54 plate EP3 with 59k on the clock (mint condition full Honda history no mods).

Im really stuck in two minds as to what to do really. I was thinking I should call them and ask them to re-condition the wheels and sort the front bumper or drop enough off the asking price so that I can sort them once I have the car?? any advice?

Cheers,

Rochey

What you've suggested is exactly what I'd do. Personally I'd go for a drop in the asking price then you can get the work done yourself at somewhere you trust. ;)

Cool,

I also need to check with them that the warranty work has been carried out. But i'm thinking that two honda service stamps in the book would suggest it has been sorted? or could I be wrong? Also how much do you think I should try and knock them down?

Cheers,
Rochey

Get some email quotes for the work and go from there.

I take it the car isn't for sale at a Honda dealer? You could always ring the dealer with the VIN and they'll tell you if it needs any recall work done. Even if it does, it's not a big deal.

Personally i'd ask for the above work to be carried out. If you have £10.5k to spend on an FN2, you could easily find another one with the same or less milage in top notch condition.

Cheers guys,

Food for thought. Its not from a Honda dealer. Its at Lakeside Cars Ltd, Harlow in essex. They deal in high end performance cars, Porsche, BMW, Frerrai etc. I do see what you mean Dunes. I was hoping to be able to pick one up within a 100 miles of where I live and there aint a huge number in my area. Looked at a few and some have been shocking :eek:! This 09 I looked at today was mint inside just a shame about the wheels really.

Decisions, decisons!!

Cheers,
Rochey

Also, make sure it actually is a 2009. You should be able to find this on the VIN and more importantly should be a facelift model (HID's, Headlight Washers, USB/MP3 ports).

Back