• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Type R annoying faults

Recently bought a 2009 Type R and there is a few things bugging me.
Firstly every time I press the clutch pedal down it clicks right at bottom, is this a fault or just a really annoying feature of the FN2?
Also mainly when its cold, and lifting the clutch pedal lightly to pull away is makes a wurring kind of noise. Almost like chewbakka from star wars it sounds like.
And finally, the plastic trim around the dials....stop fricking creaking!! It does my brain in!
Other than that I love it! Apart from black is a pain in the **** to keep clean!

Subjectve, but the FN2 is a nice car. The chewbakka noise is standard.. I had it on my EP3 aswell as my FN2. Not an issue, just annoying. The dash trim rattle and clutch rattle are also harmless - but hellannoying... I've heard various stories regarding the clutch pedal... suffice to say, none had a happy ending, as regards rectifying the squeeky pedal.

The clicking might be the switch for the cruise but since you say it is at the bottom it could be a few things, pedal assembly or master cylinder come to mind.

If you have warranty I'd take it to the dealers and see what they say. I've heard of both being replaced under warranty.

Groan is a common thing too.

HondaHintsandTipsMar.jpg

Its the master cylinder.
I had the same fault on my 1st FN2 which was replaced under warranty.

My current FN2 is starting to exhibit a similar click but only when the weather is really warm.

Yeh mine only does it when it's hot. It's fine when it's cold other than the whinging noise from the clutch.
Its nothing terminal is it? The master isn't going to give up soon no? It's only done 17k miles.

alreet,

Had mine about 6 months mate its a 2007, exactly the same problems, the chewbakka noise only 1st thing in the morning since the cold started, the dash noise has gone away for now but was well annoying. Now this might sound daft....but if how i dealt with the clicking noise is moved my seat back just a little bit so now my foot doest reach right to the bottom of the clutch pedal..clicking stopped :cool:

hi did you get the clutch click sorted mine does the same. Only had the car a week and also need the 3rd and 4th synchros replacing i hope the warranty i got covers most of this from Arnold Clark. :(

hi did you get the clutch click sorted mine does the same. Only had the car a week and also need the 3rd and 4th synchros replacing i hope the warranty i got covers most of this from Arnold Clark. :(

Honda will do the gear box work as it is a standard fault, they did mine no questions asked

I rang Honda and as it doesnt have extended warranty they wont do it :-(

Did you ring the dealer? As i rang Honda UK and an advisor told me to take it to any Honda dealer get them to check the fault and they will fix it. I did as he said and i got the the third gear replaced and 3rd/4th syncro housing. The dealers (knobs) will try anything and i do mean anything not to fix it as they will have to pay being as though they are franchises. Dont give up on one phone call mate.

I got this car just over a month ago, so I get the years extended warranty automatically. Phoned them today and it's going in on Monday, they said its either the master or it needs greasing. I know it don't need greasing as you can feel the clicking vibrate through the master cylinder when you hold it. So not gonna let them get away with that. Also asked if because I have fitted the HKS induction kit will it affect my warranty, and thankfully it doesn't.
Also I don't like the sound of this gear synchro business, hope mine doesn't develop that!

I got this car just over a month ago, so I get the years extended warranty automatically. Phoned them today and it's going in on Monday, they said its either the master or it needs greasing. I know it don't need greasing as you can feel the clicking vibrate through the master cylinder when you hold it. So not gonna let them get away with that. Also asked if because I have fitted the HKS induction kit will it affect my warranty, and thankfully it doesn't.
Also I don't like the sound of this gear synchro business, hope mine doesn't develop that!

I had a long look at the clutch pedal on my car, and im sure the clicking is the pedal arm touching the metal floor when the pedal is pushed to the very bottom, could this be the case with yours mate?

I had a long look at the clutch pedal on my car, and im sure the clicking is the pedal arm touching the metal floor when the pedal is pushed to the very bottom, could this be the case with yours mate?

Mine clicks when its about 80% down and doesnt seem to do it all of the time.
Its odd, as ill push the pedal all the way down and itll click, then if i lift the pedal back up half way and push it back down again it wont click.
It only clicks if i fully release the pedal and push it down again.

Mine clicks when its about 80% down and doesnt seem to do it all of the time.
Its odd, as ill push the pedal all the way down and itll click, then if i lift the pedal back up half way and push it back down again it wont click.
It only clicks if i fully release the pedal and push it down again.

100% the same as mine, let me know how you get on at the garage :cool:

How do Wayneeyers,

Did you get the Clutch pedal sorted ?:confused:

Took it in on Monday. Got it back Wednesday. Apparently they just lubricated something? They wouldn't tell me anymore. So whether they have changed something and are not saying for obvious reasons, I don't know.
What ever they did it has stopped that clicking now.

Back