• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 - Type R Key.

Stumbled across this on the net. A simple 30 second job for those must have FN2 owners. The UK Type R doesn't come with this type key back, the JDM market has this on offer for the new breed of keys. I think the Euro R may have too, but not sure. I spoke with several dealers who point blankly refused to order them, as it displays on the Honda computer system. "Not allowed to order" and some that tried and it would not let them. I eventually found a dealer that can and did, ironically out of all I tried, it was my local, and I usually wouldn't give them the time of day.

Keys800.jpg

Needless to say the new backing looks a lot nicer. But be advised, you need to retain your old one, as it has the details of the transponder on the label. You will need to take the number as every Honda dealer I contacted couldn't find it on the system until I gave them the part number, then they were surprised that it existed.

And I know who bought it Edy!!! ;) I'll be comin in on Tuesday to see you and get one too! :twisted: ;)

Are these available for the EP3?

I remember when i first bought mine, i was a little disapointed that the key didnt have a red badge on it. :lol:

Are these available for the EP3?

I remember when i first bought mine, i was a little disapointed that the key didnt have a red badge on it. :lol:

The EP3 is a different design, however, if you really wanted you could prise the black one off the EP3 key and substiture it for the red one off the new back, I suppose.

That's the key fob for the FD2, thought it looked familiar. Does the FN2 bottom section have boot release and 2 seperate buttons for lock/unlock?

lol to your marshalls printout....Please tell us what you think of Marshall...
Where do I begin?!

The front has 2 buttons as we don't have a remote boot release which is a right royal pain, but the tailgate is very heavy so maybe it just wouldn't pop.

Yes, Marshall in my experience are a bunch of crunts.

Been trying to find this thread over on CTRO about these keys and then realised they were the same as yours Marc :rolleyes:

Apparently, some people have been getting the other part

35114-S6M-Q11
35114-SNW-J01

Not sure what the difference are but may try my local dealer and see what they say and if it fits my EP3 keys

Back