• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 usb connector

I picked the car up today and have just tried to plug my iPod into the usb plug in the arm rest.It does not seem to fit,do i need a special cable that plugs into the usb socket then the iPod plugs into that?

If so where do i get one from?

Yes you need a cable.

You used to buy them from the main dealers but I believe they've been discontinued. You might be lucky and your local dealer might still have some in stock.

If they don't you'll have to search eBay or hope one pops up on the forums.

I've no idea bud. One of the many weird things Honda have done over the years.

It doesn't have to be a Type R specific lead, the other Civics of the same generation had the same connector.

Yeah just had a look on ebay,quite a few on there.Just put an offer in.

Is it right they were £65 from Honda?

Aye or there abouts. Why they sold the car without one is beyond me...

I have a usb socket, i-phone plug and aux cable in the arm rest but none of them are working... am very new to to my fn2 and not sure where to start fault finding...

I have a usb socket, i-phone plug and aux cable in the arm rest but none of them are working... am very new to to my fn2 and not sure where to start fault finding...
The connector will likely have been unplugged underneath. That is unless your car is a pre-facelift and someone has stuck a facelift part in at some point.

Screws and push pins out at the bottom of the centre console and it will all gently lift up. Have a rummage about underneath when it lifts and hopefully it just need plugging back in.

Remember to empty the center arm rest and centre console first.

Back