• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

fn2 vs dc5 engine

On top of what Chris said: compression ratio, inlet manifold, throttle body (diameter and DC5 is cable, FN2 is DBW), DC5 engine doesn't have balancer shafts on the oil pump, FN2 does, DC5 doesn't have a MAF sensor where the FN2 does.

Yes you can fit DC5/FD2 cams to the FN2, but you will 100% need to have it remapped.

On top of what Chris said: compression ratio, inlet manifold, throttle body (diameter and DC5 is cable, FN2 is DBW), DC5 engine doesn't have balancer shafts on the oil pump, FN2 does, DC5 doesn't have a MAF sensor where the FN2 does.

Yes you can fit DC5/FD2 cams to the FN2, but you will 100% need to have it remapped.

Are there much gains to be had from doing this?

Not really.

I put the FD2 cams into my EP3 (now walkden's), made about 10bhp more. They are a nicer cam though, a tiny bit more like the old B-series changeover... a little less cam on the economy cam and a little more cam on the power cam.

Walkden with another EP3 :lol:
I didn't realise the FD2 cams where more aggressive, makes sense though thinking about it. Is it a big job?

OP you have it mapped already?

It's a fairly big job yea, half a day to a day's labour.

I was getting my timing chain & tensioner done so I thought I mayaswell bang some cams in at the same time too. I was a little bit dissapointed with the outcome, but it was a nicer drive.

Back