• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fn2 windscreen washers problem?

Hi I'm new to the site I purchased my fn2 type r last weekend and absolutely love it! Today I tried using the windscreen washers for the first time but they aren't working properly. When I pull the lever it sprays onto my windscreen as it should but only for a second then it seems to loose pressure or something and just dribbles out the nozzle bits. Anyone else had this problem or know what It could be?
Thanks

If you've checked the washer fluid is topped up it could be two things.

If the scuttle panel at the bottom of the windscreen has been taken off, it needs to be put back on carefully to avoid trapping the washer piping near to the drivers side wiper arm mount.

If it isn't that, then the pipework can become clogged, which is harder to sort as it means blowing compressed air through form the tank end to the nozzles in stages to unblock each section.

The washer bottle is full so should I just go remove that scuttle panel at bottom of the windscreen and make sure the pipe hasn't been bent then?

Easiest thing to check yes.

Open the bonnet, take the weather strip off, push clip in the middle and one at either end of the scuttle and it all then pulls off on poppers. Try the washers with it off to see if it has fixed it. Pulling it off is normally enough to untrap the pipe. Then have a look at the drivers side (assuming UK car) where you will see a channel where you are suppose to put the pipe to keep it from being trapped when thee scuttle is put back on.

Okay perfect thanks for your help I'll give that a bash when I'm home hopefully that does the trick

Right so I took off that scuttle and the pipes weren't bent they were fine so tried the washers while scuttle was off anf still just a dribble coming out of them. So I disconnected the pipe at the double connector and blew back down it I could hear the water bubbling in the washer bottle so can't be the pipes that are blocked. How can I check to see if the pipes are blocked after the double connection bit?. The washers are working better now than they were before I blew down the pipe. They water is just reaching my windscreen now instead of dribbling out so still not fixed

If you disconnect the y pipe that is attached to the scuttle and spray the washers does it dribble out of the pipe that it comes of or a good spray?

That connector there is a push joint with a slide clip. If that's not properly together you lose a bit of pressure too.

I never tried spraying them when I disconnected the pipe I just disconnected it and blew down. I'll go disconnect it again at that joint theatre spray them see if it comes out with decent pressure or not. If it comes out of the pipe fine how do I see if that push joint is together properly?

It's just a case of playing with the push joint really, spraying and trying again.

Hi, does anyone know if there is away to adjust the washed joint, they tend to miss the left and right of the car at the bottom, also my drivers side one seems to spray allot only my wiper blade arm?

Kind Regards

Andrew

Back