• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2r LED Clock Issue

Hi,
Have looked on the forum and seen similar posts but nothing that directly relates to my issue.
My LED clockface that displays aircon/radio/time is broken in some way. Often id find that half of it is missing, or partially missing in some way.. e.g the air con temp will disappear either partially or altogether, or only half/part of the radio station name would be visible.. This issue seems to be more prominent in the daytime when its warmer, and is usually somewhat helped to varying extent by pushing the dispay forwards/inwards.
The functionality of my radio and aircon itself, and every other bit of electronics in the car for that matter, works perfectly with no issues.
IMG_4512.jpgIMG_4513.jpg
I was wondering if anyone knew of any potential fixes or would know where i could find a replacement part, I live in Brisbane, Australia.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ryan.
(ps. in the pictures provided, the screen where itsmissing a few bits is no where near as bad as it canget, it just didnt happen to be playing up so much at the time i took the photo.)

2008 Civic Type R FN2r

If you take it out, the solders on the back can become loose/broken, they can be redone carefully to solve it or its a swap jobbie.

I have this problem, a light tap ontop of the clock solves it temporarily as it just knocks the connection a little.

953fcdu-480.jpg

Figured that would be the problem. When removing the clock unit, am i right in saying its just the 2 screws then it just pulls out towards you?

Thanks for your help and quick reply
Ryan

Found this after a google search, hopefully helps

First get off the cover over the speedometer simply lift up, then remove the cover front of the display, then gently pull the speedometer out from its place,
then take off the 2 screws from lcd panel, then pull it off but start with the right side or it sticks in place. disconnect cables.

Back