• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 foglight protectors

purchased some dark smoke protectors off ebay put them on yesterday thought fixings were a bit bulky and didnt quite look how i hoped gave her a wash tonight and one off the protectors was coming off on one corner i know instuctions said dont drive through floods but a wash i thought they could manage anyhow would still like to fit them and just wondered what other members had used

I've bought more of the 3M dual lock stuff that comes with them and put a long strip down each of the three sides.

It doesn't look amazing, but you only see it when close up and they aren't going anywhere now.

Send the guy a message, if it's the same chap I'm thinking of, he'll happily send you a few more blocks to stick them on with.

cheers loxy was hoping for something that could make them sit a bit more flush but if there aint nothing out there will prob do that thanks

The main problem is that the fog lights aren't actually flat.

Some people have managed to heat the protectors up enough to allow them to bend slightly so they sit a bit more flush, which would allow you to use something a bit thinner to mount them.

I just searched eBay for it. It's not that cheap though unless you buy a fair bit, but I ended up using most of it. I've got a little bit left for spares. :lol:

little update managed to accquire some industrial 3m double sided clear tape from work put them back on this morning went on a treat and look some much better sitting flat time will tell if this works or they end up falling off can only try

Hi Guys, im that seller of fog light protectors, if i can be of any help let me know, cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'm going to have to purchase some more... I was driving down the road the other day and heard a noise that said something fell off you car... First thoughts were WTF, so pulled over and looked all around couldn't see anything immediately then remembered I knocked the left protector when I had washed the car earlier in the day and sure enough I only had the one cover remaining :(

Back