• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Footwell led kit problem

Hi, i purchased a kit off here and i tried to connect it to pre existing footwell kit from honda.
I cut the 2 wires off the plug at pass side and connected both new drivers and pass side new led.
Only now the new leds will not go off,i removes them and replaced new kit for original honda kit and they will not go off either.
Please help, thanks steve

I didn't think that circuit is on a relay so you must have somehow managed to introduce a constant live in there somehow.

Are they on all the time or just when the ignition is on but regardless off the lights being on or off?

Rick does put his contact details on the instructions for support purposes, but since you've been fettling, you might have to rely on some goodwill.

I didn't think that circuit is on a relay so you must have somehow managed to introduce a constant live in there somehow.

Are they on all the time or just when the ignition is on but regardless off the lights being on or off?

Rick does put his contact details on the instructions for support purposes, but since you've been fettling, you might have to rely on some goodwill.

Hi, they are on all the time with ignition off and lights off.
I connected all the wires to the passenger side.
I will now try connecting old pass side to new led and old drivers side to new led which in theory is swapping like for like.
Which i should have done in the first place instead of connecting all wires from new kit to just the 2 wires from pass side.
Thanks steve

I have returned everything back to how it was from the factory but both pass and drivers side are now permanently live.
This is odd,so maybe i accidentally blew a relay or something and now they are constantly live instead of turning off when locking doors etc?

Update,after a few weeks of tinkering in the garden,i decided to revisit this issue as it was bugging me!
I tapped into the fuse box with a piggy back fuse and now they come off and on with the ignition which to be fair looks very nice;)

The fusebox 'option connector' has various connections:

Permanent live
Ignition Pos 1 & 2 (got my Garmin on this one)
Ignition Pos 2 (dashcam on this one)
Reverse selected
Door open

Worth a look as 'door open' may be more appropriate ?

Back