• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Forge Atmos BOV scapegoat

I have said thing installed. Now after recently putting the OEM exhaust on I started to hear a strange noise. It happens when you get to 3k revs and if you lightly accelerate it's almost like a metallic/rustling noise.
Took to Honda and they straight away blame it on the BOV, warranty yada yada fine obviously I knew that. Now forgive me if I'm wrong but isn't the only noise I'd hear from the BOV when it does the pressure release? I cannot understand how they can blame that. I mean it's possible it always did it and I only just noticed as I got the quiet exhaust on. Wondered if anyone who had it installed has heard this noise as its my first turbo car.
Failing that I'll take it to a proper garage to look at.

Edit: When installed we didn't remove the original and after speaking with Forge, they said
Just occurred to me that if you do have the original recirculation valve still fitted and it is not connected to a vacuum source it could well be the internal diaphragm fluttering as it is ordinarily held on its seat under vacuum pressure when in gear – without the vacuum assistance is could easily be fluttering at high frequency – being relatively small and light in structure could produce a subtle sound anomaly similar to what you have described!? – otherwise I do not know at this stage!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one installed and has been on about 10'months I haven't heard such noise on mine and I'm running a standard exhaust

I have one installed and has been on about 10'months I haven't heard such noise on mine and I'm running a standard exhaust
Thanks. Personally think it was some jobsworth mechanic but I'll find out when I'm booked in to the 'proper' one.

Did you remove the OEM?

Yes i will be. If it nothing to do with the bov or the OEM one i shall get a detailed report and try claim the cost back from Honda even if its unlikely to happen.
I'm going to the garage ChrisD uses in Fairford. Only one I trust.

The noise was caused by the OEM valve 'fluttering'. Surprised it could make such a noise.
Would suggest anyone fitting this blanks off the OEM even though you don't have to.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I would have thought you have to blank it off anyway as the point of the new one is because the oem is weak?

I would have thought you have to blank it off anyway as the point of the new one is because the oem is weak?
No it's optional. You redirect the tubes so it's inactive. The blanking plate supplied is if you want to remove it for whatever reason. Can't comment on the strength of OEM one.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Back