• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Forum access problems

For some reason I cannot access the forum at home it wont even load up the main page:confused:

I think N77 has the same problem, we are both with Virgin.

I can log in through work no problem and also via a proxy.

any ideas?

This is currently being knocked about in Modsville Andy - Sharky is up to his ears in work at the moment but when he gets a little time he is going to look into whatever it is Admin dudes look into. :lol: ;)

I am sure this thread will be updated as things develop. :cool:

Andy, can you login from home via a proxy?

it may be that virgin have a transparent cache that has a corrupt version of the site cached.

In addition if you could let me know the results of the following tests it would be a great help:

1) can you ping type-r-owners.co.uk?
2) if you cant ping the above what is the output of
Code:
nslookup type-r-owners.co.uk
3) if its not pingable but you get an address from nslookup, can you post the results of
Code:
tracert type-r-owners.co.uk

Cheers,
Al

I have not been able to access this site all weekend, and this morning. Only just tried it again and it works!! I thought the site had gone down!

At home I run a Mac, with Firefox, my ISP is Eclipse.

At work its a PC, with IE.

Glad to be able to access the forum again :D

Just had the same issue at work... Actually had to "w.o.r.k" this morning now :(

This was a seperate issue, the core router that serves this site in the datacenter went bye bye for around 30mins at approx 1pm. This would have affected everyone trying to access the site.

I thought my home PC was up the spout @ the weekend.

Also running on Virgin.

Glad I'm back on now.

Thinking about it... I'm on Virgin Media and had sh!te broabdband connectivity all weekend... although I could access the site no problem. :confused:

I'm suspecting corrupt DNS cache records or similar with Virgin...

Andy - My internet connection has been gash with em all weekend too.
Keeps dropping out now & again :(

Back