• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Front brake wear........

Whats the highest mileage anybody has achieved on their front brakes in a CTR. Im currently at 22000 miles on the original set of pads. Speaking to people before I bought the car, I was imagining front pad changes alot earlier than this. I had the wheels off the other day just to check the pads and theres still a good 8mm of meat between the disc and backplate. (What is the manufacturers recommended minimum thickness by the way?)
One benefit I find with the engines high compression ratio is the car slows itself enough in gears during normal road driving.

The G fella will answer soon enough, can't remember his figure but 60,000 + rings a bell. :eek:

The G fella will answer soon enough, can't remember his figure but 60,000 + rings a bell. :eek:

He managed to make the discs last until pushing on 90k miles, although they should have been swapped out far far earlier IMO, must have been the scottish blood working it's magic again;) :lol:

That was also with only 1 set of pads swapped out IIRC.

Whereas i think my last set of DC2 pads and discs didn't make 5k miles:lol:

He managed to make the discs last until pushing on 90k miles, although they should have been swapped out far far earlier IMO, must have been the scottish blood working it's magic again;) :lol:

That was also with only 1 set of pads swapped out IIRC.

Whereas i think my last set of DC2 pads and discs didn't make 5k miles:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Umm on my 5th set of pads (i think) 2nd or 3rd set of disc's. 2nd Gear box and 2nd clutch. Oh and 5th set of front tyres. I'm pretty certain I am the reason why my firm has switched to Diesels :lol: :lol: :lol:

Umm on my 5th set of pads (i think) 2nd or 3rd set of disc's. 2nd Gear box and 2nd clutch. Oh and 5th set of front tyres. I'm pretty certain I am the reason why my firm has switched to Diesels :lol: :lol: :lol:

Damian, you need to slow the f*ck down!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wiped out my CTR discs and pads in 18000 miles. DC5 discs are going strong now, I think they are the original set after 40,000 odd miles. The pads have been changed though since I bought it at about 36,000 miles.

Wanted to add to this post as my experiences are relevant even today! Never fit aftermarket pads (unless we're talking high quality types like AP/EBC, etc) - This is a repost from ages ago posted in Faults etc., folowing the oil explosion on my old CTR company car:

These are PartCo pads, designated for application to a Civic Type-R, and were fitted about 2500 miles before coming off, when these pics were taken :eek:) by KwikFit at the same time as having new discs (i had no choice about going to KwikFit, lease company booked it in cos i complained about grinding noise). The discs were genuine Honda, pads were aftermarket. I knew they would be a problem but didn't expect them to go that quickly. Is this a record i wonder? Not that i'd be proud, i'm thinking more along the lines of extremely poor quality compoinents.

Had the pads replaced for Honda ones yesterday and my brakes feel like new. Have't even got them warm yet, but i bet they'll be 1000% better at stopping than the last set when they do!! - And they were 1000% better!

PartCo pads are absolute rubbish. Mega amounts of fade at relatively low speeds and don't last long at all!!! Never a more obvious example of "false economies" in car servicing than this pile of shoite!

DSCN0305.jpg
DSCN0304.jpg
DSCN0303.jpg

Back