• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Front bumper without number plate?

Has anyone got a picture of the front bumper without the number plate on / that shows where the number plate mounting points are?

Thinking of going for a shorter plate (within the legal restrictions) when I transfer my private reg over to the CTR but don't know where the mounting points are as my plate is currently is stuck on with pads.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
2012060117080122.jpg

Don't forget, if you reduce the size of your number plate from standard, you will technically be breaking the law.

Don't forget, if you reduce the size of your number plate from standard, you will technically be breaking the law.

Reviewing the legal requirements regarding the plate there is nothing specific to the size of the plate itself. The requirements pertain to the width and height of the characters, the spacing between them and the margins (either side, top & bottom)

From what I can see as long as those criteria are met then (and the plate is constructed as per the below) then the plate should be legal?

The British Standard for number plates
The British Standard sets out the characteristics of
the number plate. This includes visibility, strength and reflectivity. To meet the British Standard, each number plate must be permanently and legibly marked with the following information:

-The British Standard number (currently BS AU 145d)
-The name, trademark or other way of identifying the manufacturer or supplier
The name and postcode of the supplying outlet

I had a reduced size square number plate on my EP3, with slightly smaller characters and got some unwelcome attention from the plod. I also had to swap it over for MOT's as it would have failed without the standard sized plate.

I had a reduced size square number plate on my EP3, with slightly smaller characters and got some unwelcome attention from the plod. I also had to swap it over for MOT's as it would have failed without the standard sized plate.

An understand the MOT thing if the characters were smaller as that's part of what they are checking for (assuming they check against the same published rules from the DVLA) - as for the plod that would be annoying as they are usually fully unaware of the specific laws.

Back