• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Front fogs

Are they worth it on the CTR????

I think they finish the car off at the front but are the worth the £200+ for???

please discuss?? :D

I paid to have mine retro fitted, £275 I think it was. I think the front end looks bare without them, even when they are off. Although I must admit I dont use them much.

Got mine for gratis (retrofitted) after I bigged up my dealer on CTRO.

Hardly seem to use them but they do look good IMO

i was in two minds to get them until one of the covers for the fogs broke off :( so fitted them my self to tidy the front end off ........not very powerfull as facelift ctr lights are good on preface models you might value them a bit more

:)

I got them a year after I bought my 04 Black CTR and got them fitted the same time as the service. I also got Honda to fit some mesh I bought for the bottom half of the front bumber so the shiney silver radiator doesn't glare out. They had the bumber off for fitting the fogs, I might as well use the most of their time :)

I have only used my fogs twice though. Once when I was testing them out after they were fitted, and one foggy morning back in September '05.

If you do (or plan to do) a lot of driving in foggy weather in the darkish mornings then front fogs are worth it (more for people to see you rather than for you to see). But then I guess it comes down to how you want your CTR to look and whether you can afford it.

craigiusmaximus said:
sometimes i think the CTR looks unfinished at the front without them but it might just be me.........

This is what I thought when I had them added at the time I ordered the car and I still do. There also very useful, as living in Guildford (the foggest place in the South East)!

They cost the standard option price of £250..

NeilH said:
craigiusmaximus said:
sometimes i think the CTR looks unfinished at the front without them but it might just be me.........

This is what I thought when I had them added at the time I ordered the car and I still do. There also very useful, as living in Guildford (the foggest place in the South East)!

going to have to have a think about it....

Wasn't there a group buy around that was setup for about £160 or so but obviously you have to fit them?????

NeilH said:
craigiusmaximus said:

Because of the amount of motorway driving i do and the fact that it's at all times of day & night we had the front fogs fitted when we bought the car last week..... We also both thought that as mentioned above the car just looked finished when it had them fitted.

Cheers

Dave.

I brought mine just to finish the front of the car off. In my opion they should be a standard fit item.

I had them on my last few cars, and found them good for driving country lanes late at night.

I just couldn't justify the extra cost, plus personally I think they are located too close to the centre of the bumper.

if you dont like the price your honda dealer quote you see if you can pull an engineer to one side and ask if he wants a bit of private work.Chances are he will and can supply and fit them for alot cheaper than what you are quoted and you still get the peace of mind knowing the work was done by a proper honda engineer.

I'd rather pay and get a HID conversion done than have front fogs.

All the boy racers drive around with them on and in now way do I want to be assosiated with them.

Sorry, my opinion 8)

Back