• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Front Headlight - Drivers Side

My headlight has gone, it works when its on full beam but not when the light is on normal...How easy is it to put in myself? I know rear lights are pretty easy to access via the boot but front lights I seem to recall from previous discussions with other people that they are a bit of a problem especially when it comes to ensuring everything is fitted back properly to stop condensation/water ingress.

Can somebody help urgently I have to do this tomorrow!!!!

Just needs a new bulb, its dead easy but helps if you have small hands. Just look at the back of the light, there's a rubber cover, pull it off and then pull the plug off the back of the bulbs. Then there's a wire clip thats hinged at one side, you need to push it down iirc to unclip it and it will swing out the way then you can pull the bulb out.

HTH.

Thanks, off to Beaconsfield Honda to pick one up at lunch. Bit annoyed that the bulb has gone and Ive only owned the car 2-3 weeks but ahwell I guess these little things happen.

All fixed. Was a tad tricky as you cannot physically see the area the manual is on about but after faffing about I managed to do it.

Any reason why your bulbs were going so quick?

possibly as they are a total C*** of a job to fit!! it was main bulbs and side lights, i would replace the blown bulb and the bulb on the oppersite side would go!!! :mad: Its ok now tho....one of the head lights was replaced under warrenty as it kept filling up with water.

Replacing bulbs on EP3 is like mental torture the first time you do them :(
Its nothing compared to my Fabia....... you need to take the headlights out to change 'em, but to take the headlights out you need to take the front bumper off first! :eek: :p :lol:

Its nothing compared to my Fabia....... you need to take the headlights out to change 'em, but to take the headlights out you need to take the front bumper off first! :eek: :p :lol:

:eek::eek::eek:

At least you won't muller you hands trying to fit them in the smallest space in the world mate.

Does sound a mare though.

i went to work with both headlight working yesterday and drove home with one.....the bult blew while i was at work and the car wasnt even running.........:mad: :mad:

Well the weird thing was I opened the car and put the lights on so I could see when lifting the bonnet and checking my oil at night, and I walked to the car to get some tissue and walked back round and it had gone out!! lol ... For no reason other than it had given up.

Back