• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Front JDM ARB opinions

Hi All,

Just looking about at some chassis / suspension mods for my Anniversary EP3. Im going to buy the rear JDM ARB as heard it makes a huge difference to the stability to the rear end.

What I am curious about is what kind of difference the front JDM ARB makes to those who have it, or have had it. With it making the front stiffer, have people seen more oversteer with this over the EDM ARB? Or are there more positive effects to the handling when combined with the JDM rear ARB and a front upper strut and subframe brace?

Thanks
Dave

Jdm front arb is the same thickness as the UKDM, it just has a bigger joggle to clear the JDM 4-2-1 manifold. It is required if you want to fit an aftermarket manifold, although there are now a few which fit with the UKDM ARB, such as the japspeed.

it is heavier than the UKDM and due to the bigger joggle will actually be slightly less stiff, doubt you'd ever notice
though.

I see, good advice then since I will be going for a piper 4-2-1 manifold in the future, will be needed for that I guess. And did you notice a difference in the handling at all (if you've driven on one)?

Veyron, are you sure it's not the other way around dude? The UKDM has about a 2.5inch joggle, the JDM is more like 4 inch which is for the purpose of clearence for the 4-2-1 manifold... I can't see how having a JDM could possibly cause a clash.

In response to the does it drive any different question... no, the JDM front ARB makes no difference, you'd have to upgrade to a progress ARB or similar. The JDM rear ARB is very noticeable, highly recommend it.

Hi Hazz,
100% positive. I bought the JDM ARB and had it fitted ready for when I got a Tegiwa manifold. Ultimately I decided against the Tegiwa and bought a Piper so I could use the sports cat. Unfortunately when it came to fitting, the Piper manifold clashed with the JDM ARB. Stevie at Grinspeed kindly swapped a UKDM arb and all was good. The joggles are different shapes, one is wide and short (JDM) one is tall and narrow (UKDM). If you look at the Piper manifold the 2 into 1 are stacked almost vertically, whereas on JDM manifolds they are side by side, thus the different shape joggles in the arbs. The Piper clashes because the joggle on the JDM ARB is not tall enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Hazz,
100% positive. I bought the JDM ARB and had it fitted ready for when I got a Tegiwa manifold. Ultimately I decided against the Tegiwa and bought a Piper so I could use the sports cat. Unfortunately when it came to fitting, the Piper manifold clashed with the JDM ARB. Stevie at Grinspeed kindly swapped a UKDM arb and all was good. The joggles are different shapes, one is wide and short (JDM) one is tall and narrow (UKDM). If you look at the Piper manifold the 2 into 1 are stacked almost vertically, whereas on JDM manifolds they are side by side, thus the different shape joggles in the arbs. The Piper clashes because the joggle on the JDM ARB is not tall enough.

Thanks for this, was confused as to which one would make it fit, saves me some cash on the JDM front ARB then. Cheers!

Back