• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Front Pads - Ferodo DS2500 V Project MU HC 800

Hello all,

I am going to replace my front pads (EP3) and just wanted to see some real life opinions.

So I have decided on the Ferodo DS2500 or the Project MU HC 800

Both claim to be premium and they are similar in price (Prioject Mu are about £20 more expensive)

I have heard good things about both but has anyone compared the two? I remember that one of the Admisitrators on this site dislikes the DS2500 as they can wear/ warp the discs faster?

I am not really fussed about dust – just how quickly you can stop and how long they will last.

Any comments appreciated.

Also consider the Dixcel equivalent, cant remember the pad name I have but the same price as the mu pads and they are great, much better than the Ferrodo.

PBS also offer a great alternative

I've got DS2500's and after one track day I had managed to glaze the pads on all four corners. Had to rub them back, the discs too and then bed in all over again. Also despite greasing the backs a couple of times and using the OEM retainers and anti-squeal plates they still squeal despite having plenty of material left on them.

I will be changing for another brand soon when these have worn out.

Thanks guys, I will have a quick look at the Dixcels but from the looks of it I will be getting the Project MU Pads!

Thanks Dooksy - that's another one for me to research now (and I thought I had made my mind up :) )

I have another post up at the moment regarding discs (Stoptech or RPB) if you have any thoughts on these that would be appreciate.

HC800+ every time, DS2500 have a tendency to crumble on track and leave a build of debris on the disc creating vibration I found, And the fact mine were +50% worn after one trackday and EBC yellows on the same car, same track would last 3 trackdays told me they don't have a great wear rate.

The DS2500 do have a good initial bite though, HC800+ are better performing pad over all in terms of consistency, coping with high temps and wear rate.

Thanks guys- I have now ordered PBS pads and RBP discs. £256 delivered which is not bad.

will give an update once fitted and bedded in!

I had great results with pbs, only tried ds2500 before hand and not in anger. Pbs were good all day and not overly dusty considering. I'm sure you'll be happy.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Previously used DS2500 with StopTech Groovesport disks. Not sure if it was the disks or pads, or a bad combination but I got really bad brake juddering after 2 laps of the Nurburgring.

Since upgraded the front brakes with StopTech 4-pots & Ferodo DS2500 pads & it hasn't been an issue since. Works really well.

That's typical of DS2500 on some discs. Bedding in procedure is important, too.

That's typical of DS2500 on some discs. Bedding in procedure is important, too.
When I did the bedding in procedure of the Stoptech BBK on the track car I felt sick as a dog! But the brakes are really good and haven't had any problems on the two track days they've seen so far.

Back