• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Front Strut Bar and Engine Torque Damper

Just wondering if a torque damper and a front strut brace will fit onto the strut bolts

I have a japspeeds front brace already, but want to fit a etd

Doesn't seem a lot of room left on the strut bolts for the etd plate to be sandwiched in

Does anyone have any experience with struts and etd?

I know you can get the js racing pair but want to keep japspeeds brace ideally

My mates had both

He said the inserts caused more rattling in general, where as the etd only made an occasional rattle when the engine tried to really rock

Plus I can fit etd without needing to go to a garage

fair enough, well i fitted my inserts, it wasn't that hard although a lot more involving than the etd, i've also had both and with my car it seemed the other way round :( etd rattled a lot especially with low revs and my inserts (i have both on) really aren't as rattly as what everyone makes out to be

but etd was really effective :D

Eventually I will get the inserts, etd is something I can fit and take off if I change my mind

They seem to sell 2nd hand pretty fast, never seem to see them last long enough to send a pm!

lol, yea well i did the same, went for the etd first, theres normally a few on ebay that turn up every 2 weeks (theres tegiwa ones for 60 quid right now)

Sorry to bump an old thread, but i was wondering if you had problems fitting the japspeed front strut brace with the air con pipe being in the way?

Fitted perfectly

991aa2b3.jpg

Sweet! I'm bidding on one on eBay at the moment and wanted to make sure it would actually fit with the pipes being there.

Cheers!

Back