• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 FRSU

I know it has problem been posted before but I couldn't seem to find 1. Im looking for what componets I will need to buy to do a FRSU as I have seen alot on forums about being it could be the best mod for a ep3. Can anyone post a list of the parts I would need to buy to accomplish this? Also any brands that are good to use for them not looking for the top brands just your average priced brands and finally any links to anywhere that sells the parts best place to get the parts needed?
Many Thanks in advance for the help.

Thanks I will have a look at them I want a good brand which Eibach is and also good on budget wise not looking to spend thousands on it as I have more planned to do to my car after the FRSU.

I recently did this to my car. Certainly has made the world of difference. However I only got the FRSU done without the lowering springs (although a slightly conservative set up as it's my daily). The car is handling great but I'm thinking of getting the lowering springs now just to improve it that bit more.

Anyway, I got the Eibach front camber bolts which I think most people seem to go for. They are cheap enough anyway.

With regards to rear camber arms I decided to go for the Hardrace ones. They were just under £90 from H-Tune.

yeah I was thinking about doing it without the springs but then thought nah I will just do the springs also as don't know if my springs have ever been changed from standard and the cars 13 year old.

Suggestion has been made elsewhere that the Eibach rear arms can seize I think? Hardrace rear camber arms are the most-recommended, Eibach front bolts.

Springs are definitely worth doing in my opinion, the pro kit sits just nicely, not too low, take it easy over speed bumps and you're fine.

So probably saver to go with the hardrace rear camber arms then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springs are definitely worth doing in my opinion, the pro kit sits just nicely, not too low, take it easy over speed bumps and you're fine.
Yes. I wish I had gone ahead and done this first time round.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Ok will probably go with the hardrace camber arms then and eibach front bolts

My drop links don't have much life left in them my mechanic said so I will be changing them also don't know if it has any part in the FRSU though maybe they do.

I changed mine to meyle HD when I put the eibach pro kit springs on my Fn2. The oem were pretty knackered.

We've just done a 'Fast road' geo on the track car and a JDM rear anti roll bar and it's noticeable, a lot of fun!

Assuming this is rears and they're same as ep3(?!), did you notice the balls in the Meyle HD links are at a slightly different angle to OEM? I didn't realise till I had them on (after cutting the originals) but it looks like there's going to be undue stress on the joints to me as the treads are not perpendicular to the main body of the drop link. Maybe different links/I'm going mad.

My OEM were ready to fall apart so even if the Meyle only last a year it was worth doing the job - but still confused me.

Hey i'm looking at getting the Eibach pro kit lowering 15mm with FRSU from Tdi North for my FN2. Thing is near me is lots of speed bumps. Does this setup have any issues with speed bumps. Any info or recommendations would be great.

Hey i'm looking at getting the Eibach pro kit lowering 15mm with FRSU from Tdi North for my FN2. Thing is near me is lots of speed bumps. Does this setup have any issues with speed bumps. Any info or recommendations would be great.
You'll be fine, just take them slowly

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back