• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fuel Additives / Clean up stuff!

Dynax

The Babysitter
Following on from my other thread about that flatspot in my rev range in 1st gear, was wondering if it was worth having a go at trying to sort it out.

I've seen some stuff like :

NOS12115.jpg

094_646.jpg

Halfords also do a NOS one, which raises the octane level of the fuel by a couple of points, and is said to clean out some stuff (cant remember what i read off top of my head).

There all about £8/£10 a bottle, was wondering if it was worth doing? Anyone done something similar?

Hmmm, started experiementing today, and put £25 worth of tesco 99 ron in (as much as it would fit).

Im going to run it to reserve, and then do another full fill up of 99 ron. See what happens then.

However, eumm...That £25 worth of tesco 99 ron i put in, just got 106 miles to half a tank :shock: :shock: wtf :shock:

V-Power will be better Rich, it has detergents in it mate.
Same RON as Tesco too :wink:

As just said V power has additives in, go for that instead of Tesco 99 :wink:

I find the Halfords additives worth while, usually slightly improves MPG and improves responsiveness 8)

Is V-Power more expensive? I only paid 93.9 for 99 ron 8) Just shocked at the mileage i got, its crap! :lol: Just wondered if it was the first tank, will fill up again and see 8)

Dynax said:
Is V-Power more expensive? I only paid 93.9 for 99 ron 8) Just shocked at the mileage i got, its crap! :lol: Just wondered if it was the first tank, will fill up again and see 8)

Price varies on your location tbh

Back